1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Warning Light on Dash Help

Discussion in 'Subaru Sambar' started by Marty Mashburn, Jun 25, 2022.

1. Marty Mashburn

Marty Mashburn New Member

Attached Files:

2. Smollpp69

Smollpp69 Member

It's just the temperature sensor for your catalytic converter. It's either faulty or your cat is plugged either way you can replace it with a generic sensor or just ground out the single connector and the light will go out

Marty Mashburn likes this.
  3. Marty Mashburn

Marty Mashburn New Member

Thank you for you Help.

4. jesse wencius

jesse wencius New Member

Hi, I actually have the same/similar issue with both the battery light and the temp light will come on when I either, press the brakes (engine will rev a little as well), turn on the headlights or try the horn. Otherwise the lights will remain off. The brakes work, but the horn and headlights will not turn on. I have heard that these are tied to the 30A fuse off of the battery, (which I replaced with no luck). Any idea as to what would cause this issue? Seems like something electrical and I have checked all obvious wiring.

5. t_g_farrell

t_g_farrell Active Member

Check all your fuses.

6. Alex Eyre

Alex Eyre New Member

Hey Gang,
    I recently got a 1992 Subaru Sambar KV3 van. Totally groovin' car. I've never worked on these cars/engines before (I'm an old Porsche & BMW guy). I've been checking out the engine and changing oil/fluids. Yesterday I changed the oil in the supercharger (AMR300). I was very careful not to overfill it. The dipstick is really difficult to read. Now the supercharger warning light, on the dash, has come on. I double checked the oil level and it looks OK. I am bumfuzzled. Any ideas?

7. rkrenicki

rkrenicki Active Member

There is no "supercharger warning" light. Can you show a photo of it, or give a description of what this light looks like?

8. Alex Eyre

Alex Eyre New Member

Here's a photo. Maybe I called it the wrong thing.

Adios!

Attached Files:

9. Smollpp69

Smollpp69 Member

I am curious if that is some form of boost indicator light. I have a 1990 but it has a different style boost light

10. rkrenicki

rkrenicki Active Member

That indicator is the rear defroster. There is a switch on the dash to turn it on and off.

t_g_farrell and Smollpp69 like this.
  11. shogun

shogun Active Member

I am also an old BMW guy, if you still have your old BMW, check out my website, mainly for E32 7 series, I have a 11/1988 E32 750iL V12 and a 1998 E36 M3 http://twrite.org/shogunnew/topmenu.html

pls add as signature you car details, much easier to help you, see my signature, top right click your user name and then signature.

t_g_farrell likes this.
  12. Alex Eyre

Alex Eyre New Member

Well...I'll slap my forehead until I look like a Neanderthal!
    That light on my dash, right below "Super Charger" is the rear defrost indicator.
    I'm guessing my grandson has been pushing buttons and flipping switches again!
    Ayaaaah!

t_g_farrell, rkrenicki and Smollpp69 like this.