1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Warm!!!

Discussion in 'General Truck Info' started by blakkmoon, Dec 12, 2010.

1. blakkmoon

blakkmoon Member

Just wanted to say that I WAS kinda worried about how this little beast would handle the cold weather...

Heat .... holy krapoli ... Today was the big test
    -29c outside and I could still only run the heat at about half, fan at #2 outa 3
    Super impressed

Had to go back to the 12 inch wheels for the deep snow
    The 13's seemed to bog it down when they got full of snow
    Rotational mass, unsprung weight issue
    No probs with the 12's tho

Starting
    -15 = ok
    -20 = ok if it has not sat for more than 8 hours

have not tried anything lower
    have not put in a new battery yet ( plan to )

overall, impressed

And still seem to be getting 45 mpg
    ( I leave it idle all the time when I am in somewhere shopping because it does cool off REAL quick )

Last edited: Dec 12, 2010
  2. Ironraven

Ironraven Active Member

Wow... my craptastic little battery wouldn't start my truck when it was cold at all. The car battery I put in there now doesn't have a problem cranking it up though :D I love how fast the heat comes on too, these little bastards are the BEST! *sigh* I wanna drive it into town super bad now :(

3. starpuss

starpuss Member

Dam.. it got -33 or so last night!!! Man that was cold... i started my truck up at 9:00 am. Not plugged in.

-note had to push in the clutch to make it turn over fast to start. Then it was fine.

4. TRAX and HORNS

TRAX and HORNS Well-Known Member

Dang, it got down to 32 in Austin. Burrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

5. fupabox

fupabox Well-Known Member

Rub it in go ahead:p...BTW got the lighter today Trax..thanks a ton..only -20c here today.;)

6. Ironraven

Ironraven Active Member

-18F this morning at my house.

7. TRAX and HORNS

Honestly, whats to do when its that freaking cold outside. Anything you touch you are gonna stick to it. I assume the building business is shut down? To heck with hunting or fishing, to dam cold to be walking around or standing waiting for a bite.
    If we luck out we will see snow (mostly ice) once during winter in Austin. If we get 1/4" snow and it get to 25 temp. our whole world stops. Traffic, they aint none. Bar none thats the best time to break out the four wheeler / mini truck. Police are taking care of what ever accidents or at the donut shop. That leaves the neighborhood streets wide open for power sliding around corners, parking lots at the strip centers are fun to.

8. lwr2

lwr2 Member

Had no problem starting in 17 degrees weather in Sonora, Tx weekend after Thanksgiving. Heat will make you shed you Under Armor Cold Gear quick. I found if I ran the fan at 1 and moved the heat to about 3/4 it would stay just about right for my ride to the stand.

LWR2

9. TRAX and HORNS

Cant get any better than that Sonora country. When the sun goes down out there it gets freaking dark and cold. Wide open spaces between there and Big Bend.

10. greg0187

greg0187 Moderator Staff Member

Ice Fishing!

11. Ironraven

Ironraven Active Member

This. Either in an ice house or just keep the truck running on the ice and use tipups :D