1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wanted Truck with bad engine or no engine

Discussion in 'General Truck Info' started by Griz, Nov 24, 2009.

1. Griz

Griz Member

Need a truck (any brand) without an engine for a electric car project. What I want is a truck if not for the blown engine would be a nice truck, but will consider any. I am in Oklahoma where are you?

2. Meesho

Meesho Member

Buy a good running truck and sell the engine to someone who needs it for $500+.

3. Griz

Griz Member

If I had thought of advertising a engine then trying to buy the truck that needed it, I might get a response. Who would buy an engine if their truck was in such bad shape an engine would be a bad investment. I agree these little trucks have tough engines so finding what I want will not be easy. Things happen even to these tough engines, I'll keep looking.

4. MiniBrutes

MiniBrutes Member

We have sold several trucks sans-engine for electric conversions. A dealer should work you a deal on the truck with removal of the motor. In fact we special ordered a unit to the customer's spec. We sold it to him at cost, but got to keep the engine for our profit.