1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wanted 1998 Hijet Fuel Solenoid

Discussion in 'Trade-A-Part' started by shopteacher, Sep 17, 2020.

1. Limestone

Limestone Well-Known Member

Shop,
    I was wondering, how your doing with the carb. issues! I was re reading this thread this morning and trying to understand it a little more. I'm pretty sure that 2 wire solenoid that we can't find, stops the fuel from flowing, and that's why your not getting fuel to the carb.! Possibly! Also, somewhere in this forum, someone in the past did some frankensteining with a fuel solenoid like were talking about, and was able to make some headway! If my worn out memory serves me correctly! I'll try to find it!
    Limestone

Last edited: Oct 24, 2020
  2. shopteacher

shopteacher Member

I did get the carb rebuild kit. Just haven't been able to get to taking the carb off and rebuilding it. I di make a plug to replace the solenoid but in my case it did seem to make a difference. Thanks for asking.

3. Jim Nelson

Jim Nelson Active Member

I'm sure thatLimestone is right about the 2 wire stops the fuel at 25 mph and is the one connected to the trans. at the speedo. cable. As I understand it the single wire solenoid is to stop dieseling and, if so, could prevent fuel from flowing if stuck in the off position.
    This is on the S80, left hand drive set up for import to U.S. so yours probably just has one that is for stopping dieseling.
    I wish Leon Barnett was still on the Daihatsu payroll as he was a wealth of information, unfortunately for us his deal ran out a few years ago.

4. Jim Nelson

Jim Nelson Active Member

Well this is just amazing, after looking at this thread again this morning I went down to my shop and went to rummaging in one of my junk drawers and found a solenoid. It has a little epoxy or J.B.Weld on the end where the wire goes in but I jumped it across the battery on my truck and it seems to work. I'm not positive but would bet it will work for you.
    If you will p.m. me your mailing address I will send it to you.

5. Limestone

That's cool! I hope it works! I would place that bet also! Jim, I understand that Leon was a wealth of information! Shop, you've got first dibs on that solenoid that Jim has, if you don't want it let me know, i'll hang in the wings until you decide!!! Great info Jim!
    Limestone

6. shopteacher

shopteacher Member

Oh I definitely want it. I can put it in and see if that makes a difference before tearing into the carb. which I’m rather hesitant to do anyway. I did get the carb kit, just haven’t gotten around to taking the carb off yet.

7. shopteacher

shopteacher Member

Can’t figure out how to PM you.

8. Jigs-n-fixtures

Jigs-n-fixtures Well-Known Member

To PM: click on their icon, then hit the start a conversation button.

9. shopteacher

shopteacher Member

Thanks Jigs

10. Limestone

shop,
    I'm glad to hear you moving fore ward with this. Keep us posted, naturally, and take pics! I'm interested in the steps that you decide to take!
    Limestone

11. shopteacher

shopteacher Member

Will do. It would be a blessing if that would make it start up