1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Want to Start Selling Parts

Discussion in 'General Truck Info' started by aomorisambar, Mar 19, 2012.

1. aomorisambar

aomorisambar Member

Hey everyone, Im new to the MB but have been an avid fan of minitrucks/vans for quite some time now.

If you check out my profile youll see i live in Northern Japan. I have access to any part you can imagine for any Japanese made truck or van. Im not sure how available these parts are out side of Japan, so I was thinking about setting up a site where I can put up a list of parts (w/ pics of course) I have for sale.

Before I stock up on these things I figured I check with you all first on whetehr or not people outside of Japan would actually require this type of service.

2. Acerguy

Acerguy Moderator Staff Member

Welcome! Certainly those of us in North America are always looking for parts. There are several dealers (many advertise with us) that bring in parts but maybe need an additional source. Perhaps try contacting some of our current part suppliers and see if there is a unique service that you can provide? :)

3. spaner

spaner Well-Known Member

Yea, seriously I think that it would be the individual part shipping and duty considerations that would drive you waco. Current dealers are shipping "stock" with containers of trucks and making it worth the effort/cost factor.
    I think that you have a really unique opportunity though. You could offer your services as the man in country for just about all of the suppliers in north america. Email to phone call to OTD parts systems, AKA, driver. Air VS Ship.
    You could even offer them 12hr OTD shipping via air-express. Do you know how many flights come into Vancouver every day?!!
    Just make sure to pitch yourself as a contractor, with no competition restrictions, or you'll end up standing around and not getting paid..

Best of luck...

4. aomorisambar

aomorisambar Member

Thanks for the tips!! def. very helpful

5. masspilot2004

masspilot2004 Member

I just hope you dont try and charge as much as that one guy on ebay. He wants $300.00 american dollars for parts like and emblem or turn signal. I mean come on they do not cost that much. If you look at his sales and comments everyone says he is a joke and there is no way he is selling a thing.

Hope you are not as much as he is.

6. little pebble

little pebble Member

haha wheres the link ... i want to see this one..

7. masspilot2004

masspilot2004 Member

Go on ebay and type in Suzuki Carry and start to look at the parts you will get a good laugh

8. little pebble

little pebble Member

Hahaha.. see what you mean go UKEROOO seems like they have all the listings... least delivery is included...

9. werase643

werase643 Member

I see a potential market for items that we seem to have a difficult time locating for a respectable price structure..... posi center sections, a complete system with all the switches and relays anything that will get more than 2 tires to pull. the window visors, brake light lenses, mirrors, inside door handles, outside door handles, any aftermarket part for the truck that is no longer available new water pumps less than 100, timing belts less than 75..... many pickin' parts right before they are crushed over there. good luck, the competition is brutal and the shipping and import/export BS will drive you nutz. all for a little bit of profit to keep you doing it.