1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Voltage Regulator?

Discussion in 'Suzuki Carry' started by Eric Robinson, Aug 1, 2020.

1. Eric Robinson

Eric Robinson New Member

New to the forum. Just bought a 2000 Suzuki carry. DD51T. The battery was bad so I put a new battery in it. I’ve been driving around the farm today. Now the battery is dead. I’m getting voltage of about 27 V coming out of the alternator so I’m wondering if there is a voltage regulator somewhere on these things that could be bad? Looks like somebody has messed with the wiring quite a bit so I don’t know if the wiring is reliable. Any thoughts?

2. Koffer

Koffer Active Member

The regulator is internal in the alternator
    I’d pull it off and take to a local alt/starter rebuilder as it’s 99% standard as all other ND Japanese import units
    27v will cook your battery in very short order
    Once the alternator is sorted then start figuring out the janky wiring

3. Eric Robinson

Eric Robinson New Member

Thanks . I was thinking that was probably the case but was not sure. The alternator belt is about to go so I was going to have to pull it off anyway. I will take it in on Monday and see what we can figure out. I really appreciate the quick response.

4. Koffer

Koffer Active Member

The belt is part number 15250 from auto zone Or advance , pretty sure Napa too