1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Video: S110P 4WD Trans Fluid Change + Japanese video resource tip.

Discussion in 'Daihatsu Hi jet' started by Hemogoblin, Aug 17, 2022.

1. Hemogoblin

Hemogoblin New Member

Hey everyone,

thought I would post this video here for future resources.

I had changed trans/transfer case fluid in my 1995 S110p manual, and got a bit concerned that I had missed something.

For transmission fluid changes, the workshop manuals never mentioned anything but the two fill and drain holes on the back of the transfer case. No other drain or fill holes seem to exist on that drivetrain layout but I was very much second guessing myself.

Found this video from someone in Japan confirming that I did everything correct. I did not use similar fluid though. Decided to give Royal Purple Syncromesh a try.

S110P Transmission and Transfer Case Oil Change

my tip: translate the components that you want to a video for into Japanese with Google Translate. Put Hijet or S110P (sub your model) along with the Japanese text into Youtube search.

s110p トランスミッション

Seems there are might be a lot of resources available on the Japanese Youtube for these trucks.

Hope that helps!

2. Andy King

Andy King New Member

Oh chit.... So the two components (transfer case & transmission) are not separate, the transfer case and transmission share the same gear oil?

3. Hemogoblin

Hemogoblin New Member

from my understanding, yea, they share gear oil. There seems to be a pickup tube that transfers oil into the transmission.

If I’m incorrect, i hope someone will correct me.

4. hellobriansmith

hellobriansmith New Member

I'm about to do this in my 1994 Hijet. My transmission looks just like the one in the video, but the manual illustration shows this as the automatic transmission. I definitely have stick shift. Anyone else notice this discrepancy?

Attached Files: