1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

valve problem or AIC valve problem???

Discussion in 'Suzuki Carry' started by boyett, Nov 16, 2012.

1. boyett

boyett New Member

The past few days, I've noticed an exhaust smell inside the cab of my 1999 carry. Its been idling really rough lately, so I checked the air box. The filter had a little bit of oil on it and some condensation. Then I noticed when I started the vehicle, I had exhaust fumes pouring out of the PCV line. Is it the AIC valve thats causing this problem or do I have a valve stuck in the cylinder head?

2. A 1999 Carry doesn’t tell us much. You need to be more specific, like the model type. DB52T-123456 or it’s a F6A/K6A engine, etc.

Cheers,
    Don

Yokohama Motors: www.yokohamamotors.com
    Global Parts Store: www.yokohamamotors.net
    Service Desk: OEM Parts: Parts@yokohamamotors.com
    Asia-Europe-North America
    Mitsubishi-Suzuki-Daihatsu-Subaru-Mazda-Honda-Toyota-Nissan

3. boyett

boyett New Member

Its a DB52T-121829 with the F6A. Sorry for the confusion.

4. boyett

boyett New Member

After further inspection, the fumes are coming from the crank case breather line that dumps into the air box. Is it ok to just disconnect it from the box and run the breather hose to another location? Its choking the engine at idle.

5. Hello, your vehicle is as follows

Vehicle type: KKUJ
    Manufactured: April, 1994
    Engine: F6A 4V EPI
    4WD MT

1. Remove the hose between the PCV valve and the intake manifold and plug it
    2. Start the vehicle and slowly open the oil filler cap.
    3. Put you hand over the oil filler cap
    If you feel a forced pressure “Pat Pat” sound or felling the exhaust valve guide seals need replaced. If you feel in inward out ward “suction, then outward” pressure change the intake valve seals are bad. If you open the oil cap and the vehicle runs fine its most likely the PCV valve has failed.

Since your vehicle is not equipped with an EGR valve system is pretty easy to test.

Cheers,
    Don

Yokohama Motors: www.yokohamamotors.com
    Global Parts Store: www.yokohamamotors.net
    Service Desk: OEM Parts: Parts@yokohamamotors.com
    Asia-Europe-North America
    Mitsubishi-Suzuki-Daihatsu-Subaru-Mazda-Honda-Toyota-Nissan

6. boyett

boyett New Member

Thank you for the response. I have already replaced the PCV valve so I can rule that out. It appears that my exhaust valve guide seals need to be replaced.