1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Valve lash specs needed

Discussion in 'Subaru Sambar' started by Colin, Feb 28, 2008.

1. Colin

Colin Member

I didn't take apart the old block yet - I just harvested the pulleys and stuff from it.

The rusty pulleys and water pump are on the replacement engine. I don't recall if the little rubber seals were in place on that block, though I did notice they were installed on the old block. I didn't reinstall them... maybe I should.

Colin

2. tcubed

tcubed New Member

Hey all - has anyone ever verify that the valve lash specs were correct? Intake .15mm +/- .02mm (.0059 in +/- .0007 in) Exhaust .20mm +/- .02mm (.0078 in +/- .0007 in)
    I put sythetic oil in mine and need to replace the valve stem guides (who would have thought something like that would cause such a problem). Smokes like a misquito fogger when cold now. Would hate to suck a valve like Collin. Plan to measure the lash before I pull the head, but would love to know the official spec. I cannot imagine that that an incorrect valve lash setting was the cause of the sucked valve in the thread???

3. DRW

DRW Member

F6A 4-valve engine, .003 intake .006 exhaust

4. Blackberry

Blackberry New Member

This suggests these are NON interference engines. Can anyone confirm that?