1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Vacuum Tree / thermostat

Discussion in 'Daihatsu Hi jet' started by bobjonah, Feb 26, 2017.

1. bobjonah

bobjonah Active Member

CRAP! I just broke my vacuum tree / thermostat. The one that has 4 vacuum fittings, and screws into the block / water jacket. Daihatsu part # 90048-27018-000.

Does anybody have a good used spare one, or even a new unused one that they will part with?

2. ttc

ttc Active Member

3. bobjonah

bobjonah Active Member

So, how do you place an order with these guys ???

4. ttc

ttc Active Member

make an account, place an oder and once they have the shipping pay for it and they ship. it takes about a week and a half for me to get parts to the east coast of canada when i order from them.

5. fmartin_gila

fmartin_gila Well-Known Member

I have had good experience dealing with jp-carparts.com. They are in Japan, easy to deal with, & prompt shipping.

Fred

6. bobjonah

bobjonah Active Member

Success, I think!
    I had the item in my cart at Impex, but there was no way to place the order. Last nite, however, the "place order" box showed up, and I think everything went thru correctly. Just waiting for confirmation now.

7. bobjonah

bobjonah Active Member

Well, I paid for the item, they took my money on March 16th ( Visa ) and I have heard nothing since. Am I supposed to receive a confirmation ? or any acknowledgement ? I cannot even e-mail them with my questions ! I am getting a bad feeling that my parts have not shipped.

Anybody know how to contact them to find out??

8. ttc

ttc Active Member

Have you paid for the shipping also. You have to log in and check.

9. bobjonah

bobjonah Active Member

Yes, I paid everything actually about $12.00 more than quoted. When I log in, it is very vague - does not give me a status, and there is no way to contact them to ask questions

10. ttc

ttc Active Member

when they get the parts in they will have a shipping quote in your account. there is really no notifications from them. and seems a bit vague but if you paid for the part. then went back a few days later and paid for shipping it should be on its way.

11. bobjonah

bobjonah Active Member

I only paid tem oncs - for parts and shipping, or so I thought. Thy have never came back and asked for more money. It is very frustrating that I cannot contact them to check status. Does anybody have an e-mail address or phone number ?

12. ttc

ttc Active Member

You need to log back on the site. They are not very good with post transaction updates.

13. bobjonah

bobjonah Active Member

Yes, I know. They responded to my e-mail and advised that I had to log onto their site and review my messages and pay the freight. Well, no messages, and there is no apparent way to pay the freight. WTF!!
    I e-mailed them again for specific clarification, Could be a great company, but I obviously don't think like they do. They have my money and , so far, I have bugger all ( let the filter deal with that one ).
    I doubt that I will deal with them again

14. bobjonah

bobjonah Active Member

Well, Impex is off the naughty list. They responded and I was able to find the correct page to pay my freight - kind of backwards and mixed up, but it worked, and I should have parts on the way soon. And now, knowing how they work, I will probably buy from them again.

Cheers
    Bob Jonah

15. ttc

ttc Active Member

Ya its a weird system. But prices are good and shipping is reasonable.

16. bobjonah

bobjonah Active Member

WOW! Just WOW! Shipped Tuesday and delivered Friday - got to be a record. I am extremely pleased with Impex. They get the parts at a great price and have great shipping partners to complete the deal.

17. ttc

ttc Active Member

sweet glad it worked out.