1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

vacuum switch fonction??

Discussion in 'Suzuki Carry' started by the pou, Nov 22, 2010.

1. the pou

the pou Member

I did a complete over-hul of all my vacuum lines, (it was a mess).now, i need to figure out the role of one of the vacuum switch... it is scred under the flore
    of the box,over the transmission. it has an electric connector, and 2 vacuum line,, what is its function, ? where does the lower vacuum line goes? where exactly does the upper vacuum line conecte? where does the wires goes?
    it is on a 1990 suzuki carry,i will try to attached a picture, the switche is green and orange. any information will be gretly apprecheate, thanks

Attached Files:

2. MiniBrutes

MiniBrutes Member

I dont recall this off the top of my head, but:

front diff is vac actuated, rear diff lock is vac actuated, high idle is vac actuated, amongst other things

So at this moment, does 4wd work? Do you have difflock, and does it work? do you have a/c?

3. the pou

the pou Member

switch ??

Thanks for your reply Jeremy, i have a carry 1990, extended cab,4x4, with transfer case, 4 speeds manual, , low gear, and i dont have a rear dif. lock.
    i also have air conditioning.
    i know that the fast idle , and the front axles lock is activated by vacuum,
    but i think that it is electrical signals that activate the vacuum swithes, and they bolth work fine.
    the other possibility for the fonction of that switch could be a fuel cut off in case off roll-over, but i dont understand what is the role off the vacuum for such a switch ? if any body could locate that switch on their truck, and follow the vacuum lines, i whould like to know where they gos.
    thanks