1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Vacuum operation

Discussion in 'Mitsubishi Minicab' started by Nathan Marshall, Feb 1, 2018.

1. Nathan Marshall

Nathan Marshall New Member

1995 u42t 3g83
    Anyone know where ported vs manifold vacuum takes place on this rig? After the throttle plate looking from the air filter side i have vacuum lines on the left that deliver vacuum at idle. Then there is a white little cap, then a couple more vacuum lines to the right, towards the front of the vehicle, that, i thought were ported vacuum but do not seem to deliver any vacuum now. Ive been chasing a poor running condition that i believe to be this lack of vacuum to the advance on the distributor. I have installed a T in the good vacuum source and put to the distributor and seems to run good now. But i have no 4wd. I assume it is controlled by this non working vacuum source but not sure where. Any ideas on what could cause this vacuum blockage? I did recently install a cold air intake but made sure all vacuum was where they came from in the path and the truck did work fine for a couple weeks like that