1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

VACUUM LINE FIX

Discussion in 'Mitsubishi Minicab' started by TooManyProjects, Apr 24, 2016.

1. In case you were wondering, this is how I fixed a vacuum nipple on the air cleaner cover.
    1 ink pen tube (cleaned out)
    1 tube of Crazy Glue
    1 1/8 drill bit.

Attached Files:

Tony Evers likes this.
  2. fmartin_gila

fmartin_gila Well-Known Member

Kudos to you, good to see inovation to keep these little gems running. Sometime you have got to think a little out of the box.

Fred

TooManyProjects likes this.
  3. Thanks Fred! It took me a minute for the lightbulb in my head to come on. But it worked out VERY well. Its a bit flexible and it sealed up great. I was worried the glue would melt the ink oen tube at first.

4. Basscor

Basscor New Member

Sorry to resurect an old thread, but mine is also broken off in the exact same spot. What is this vacuum line for? I can't seem to figure it out in the manual

5. Weekendmedic

Weekendmedic New Member

My vacuum line broken off as well, and my truck won't start (unclear when it broke, or if related). Any idea what this line does?

6. t_g_farrell

t_g_farrell Active Member

Probably opens and closed the hot air vent for pulling in hot air from the exhaust via a paper like tube going to the exhaust heat shields. Its opened when its cold out and closed otherwise. Usually spring loaded close and opened with some vacuum applied.

Weekendmedic likes this.