1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Upholstery / Interior upgrades

Discussion in 'General Truck Info' started by JRinTX, Jun 22, 2007.

1. JRinTX

JRinTX Moderator

What types of interior upgrades have folks been making? I know that some seats are in poor condition and need recovering. Also, door panels and headliners are sometimes pretty ragged. I think I would like to recover my seats and door panels in camo.

What are some typical prices for upholstery work?

2. minimits96

minimits96 New Member

I just bought some mossy oak camo pattern upholstery vinyl off of ebay @ $9.99 a yrd. I bought 3 yards, and am hoping that will do my seats and door panels. Dont know the cost for instaling it. Since the seats come out of the mitsubishi so easily, I will take just the seats to the upholsterer, I hope that will save some money and time.

3. ed nap

ed nap Member

I had my local boat seat guy make new seat vinyl covers and headrests in a two toned (blue and light grey) effect. The door cards were refreshed as well. I then insulated the engine box and the front and rear wall with glue on foam panels, and then covered everything with a light grey felt material like you would use on a speaker box. For the floor covering, I first made a Eva foam faux teak looking floor mat. I couldn't get the mat to lay flat with all the teak strips going straight forward and backwards , and having to lay flat over the hump in floor. So after two attempts at that I decided to just have the local carpet guy show me a few samples of some lightweight carpet samples that would complement the color of the truck and lay flat to the floor. After selecting the right blue/ grey color I had him cut the pattern and then bind the edges. It came out very professional looking. Finally I added a new Grant steering wheel, a white shifter knob, and a cup holder made from a Honda Fit console.

Attached Files:

4. DOUGNASH

DOUGNASH Member

Add some soundproofing from Amazon
    Comes in adhesive sheets
    Definitely helps