1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

unsure if they're gonna stay legal

Discussion in 'Mini Lounge' started by mike o, Aug 4, 2008.

1. mike o

mike o Member

I was on my way, cash in hand when fate intervened, ever since I saw these little trucks I knew that I wanted one.
    Here in Canada they have to be a least 15 years old to import (along with other hoops). Prepared to do a little jumping I made the arrangements to make the 500 mile trip to get a Suzuki Carry. When the gentleman called and said he wanted to do a little work on it, an oil leak and sticky clutch. The parts wouldn't be in until he gets his next container.
    Now for fate, I called my insurance guy who asked me if I knew antone currently driving one one the road, and if I did chances are the government of our province, New Brunswick, are considering banning them.
    If anyone has any info on this please help a guy out. I don't need another toy in the yard

2. Koffer

Koffer Active Member

3. mike o

mike o Member

thnx Todd. Hopefully it's going to be alright.

4. Doug Waggonner

Doug Waggonner New Member

Mike o, Just pack up and move down here to Oklahoma! it's only 186F here today :frustration: LOL :D So be sure you get a minitruck with A\C

5. Timetripper

Timetripper Moderator

186F ? Thats warm!:D

6. Doug Waggonner

Doug Waggonner New Member

LOL....ok well maybe not that hot, but it sure fells like it. Driving home from work monday the bank tower was flashing 114F, yesterday was better... 112F, So its like a down right cold front here today if only makes 110F.........Of course thats the temp taken in the sun, the weather channels all take the temp in the shade.

7. mike o

mike o Member

Awful to hear you're just sweltering in the heat. It's a balmy 68 here in Eastern Canada lol. Wont be be long and I'll be up to my *#@@* in snow. Another good reason to get me a mini truck WITH A HEATER>

8. Colin

Colin Member

Speaking of which, I'm thinking of adding an auxiliary heater to my truck. I've got this massive AC evaporator for a Merkur - I'm thinking that should radiate a good deal of heat with a few fans behind it. :D

Hot weather sucks. ;)

Colin