1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Undriveable

Discussion in 'General Truck Info' started by Gabe, Mar 8, 2017.

1. Gabe

Gabe New Member

I just got a minicab with a carbureted 3g83 engine. Idles OK but under a load pops out the intake. Going to try plugs and wires first wondering if anybody else has had this problem and if anybody has suggestions on what kind of plugs to run. I have already cleaned out the carb, checked timing,compression, and vacuum.

2. Jude

Jude New Member

My first suspicion on such an issue would be a major issue timing, but if you have already checked that then perhaps have a look at the valves. It could be that the exhaust valve isn't opening well forcing the gas to just pop out since it can't pass through. That's my opinion.

3. ttc

ttc Active Member

Sounds like the main jet maybe dirty and the engine is lean sneezing

4. Gabe

Gabe New Member

Thanks for the comments guys but I finally figured it out. My truck has the three cylinder and somebody put a four cylinder distributor in it and apparently a three cylinder cap fits it.

5. fmartin_gila

fmartin_gila Well-Known Member

Now that's interesting. No wonder you couldn't get it to run good. LOL

Fred

Last edited: Mar 11, 2017
  6. Jude

Jude New Member

Ohh, that's an interesting one :) wondering how the guy was able to get it work before you had that issue. Anyway, it's a good thing that you finally fixed it.

7. ttc

ttc Active Member

8. Good catch that was a hard ne to find.