1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Under bed storage

Discussion in 'Suzuki Carry' started by Caleb Roth, Oct 3, 2007.

1. Caleb Roth

Caleb Roth Member

Hey Guys,
    I have an older suzuki carry, i am looking for some kind of box to mount under my little bed out of the way for straps and little things. I have seen them on some trucks and they look like a factory mounted box, so i would prefer to get one of those. If anyone can help i could sure use it.

2. Colin

Colin Member

I just bought two ammo cans from a military surplus outfit - they're inteded for storing 7.62 NATO rounds, so they should be very plentiful. The boxes seem to be just about the right size for use as a toolbox on the side of the frame rail - the lids are sealed to the elements, too. Dimensions are 11" long, 7" tall, 4" wide. I paid $2.99/ea for these.

Only problem is, the top pivots open on a hinge, rather than lifting straight off. You'd need to leave quite a bit of room over the can if you were to mount it vertically, otherwise put the thing on its side. :)

Colin

3. Caleb Roth

Caleb Roth Member

Thanks, I went and bought two ammo boxes today and they look like they are gonna work great.

4. Caleb Roth

Caleb Roth Member

Ammo boxes work great, plus they dont rattle. I used 5.55mm boxes plenty of room for my junk. Also i bet the green will look really cool when my camo finally gets here.
    Thanks for the tip!:)

5. Colin

Colin Member

Cool! I'm planning to mount mine on Saturday - glad to hear they're working for you. Did you end up mounting them horizontally? Pictures?

Colin

6. Caleb Roth

Caleb Roth Member

The only place i could mount mine was on the frame horizontally. With the writing on the box up (looks kinda cool). I like em alot even thinking about getting another one for a sealed battery box. You'll like the boxes, I figured the handles would rattle a bunch, but they are quiet as a mouse. Let me know what you think...

7. Colin

Colin Member

I'm more worried about the contents of the box rattling than the box itself. Pliers, screwdrivers, vice grips, tow straps, duct tape, ya know... the essentials.

(Actually, I don't really care if it rattles. I'm accustomed to driving junk. :D)

Colin