1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

U62T Dump bed override?

Discussion in 'Mitsubishi Minicab' started by visket, Jan 21, 2016.

1. visket

visket New Member

Folks - I raised the dump bed on the 2005 U62T to maximum (thump..) and backed it off an inch or two. Left it sit for a few hours. When I came back to play, the battery was dead, dead, dead. Hmmm?

I put a meter on the battery and it measured 0.0 (zero) volts. Hmmm? I took the battery off the truck and then took the meter to it = 9.6v.

I'm not quite sure what a dead ground is, but I think I may have one. I took a continuity test on the + and - battery cables (no battery on the truck) and the meter moved off "1" to a low number like .35 or something like that. If I need to be more specific on that number, let me know and I'll re-take the measurement. All dashboard switches are OFF, so I think I expected to see the meter stay on "1" (no circuit). Or am I not debugging this right?

In any case, the dump bed if in the fully "dump" position, and I'd like to get it down, or at least not fully extended, manually. Is there a screw I can use to relieve the pressure (ala floor jack)? I can't find one.

Any help on the electrical problem would also be awesome. I can't be absolutely sure that the dump bed cause drainage, but it was the last use of 12v I did before my battery died.

Thanks -

2. visket

visket New Member

Hi Folks - I think the battery drain was due to having the interior light on for hours. I'm an IDIOT! So never mind about the dump electronics draining the battery.

While I wait for my 400+ page James Danko English shop manual to show up, any thoughts on bringing down the dump bed manually would be cool.

Thanks -

3. mdjackson

mdjackson New Member

Put jumper cables on and start your truck. I had a dead battery when I changed out my fuel pump. Jumped it from a tractor.

When you plan on leaving the dump bed up, put the manual lever up. This pipe is right next to the pump, just unclip, rotate vertical, and place into holder on bottom of bed.

4. visket

visket New Member

Got it - no manual override. I was looking for a screw of some sort similar to a floor jack.

With the battery all charged up, everything is working! Go figure!!

Thanks for the reply -