1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

U62T camber bolts

Discussion in 'Mitsubishi Minicab' started by billybass, Apr 21, 2020.

1. billybass

billybass New Member

good day! i have a 2002 U62T, recently put 275 pound springs on the fron, now i need a camber bolt to bring my front tires back to vertical.....anyone know the bolt size for the front struts? i think they are 12mm but would like to have second opinion.

2. MichTrucks

MichTrucks Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Yes 12 mm camber bolts.

3. billybass

billybass New Member

Thanks! Got a set at carquest for 10 bucks

4. Outpost603

Outpost603 New Member

Speaking of Camber - how are folks getting these aligned on modern alignment racks? Has anyone posted specs or is everyone doing just tossing them on the rack plates and measuring with a string?

Sorry for jumping in on your thread.

5. Jigs-n-fixtures

Jigs-n-fixtures Well-Known Member

The Danko manual had the specs for my S110P Hijet, but none of the modern racks would get the sensors narrow enough to work on it.

The old guy, who is sell omg his shop to his son, still had an old set of turntables, a magnetic caster camber gauge, and a toe rod. And, taught the son how to do one with the old gauges. Not quotes as quick or accurate as teh new laser set ups, but it seems to have worked just fine. And, they used those old style gauges for 70+ years, with good results.

You can buy the magnetic gauges from $20: Hanperal Universal Magnetic Gauge Tool for Car/Truck Camber/Castor Strut Wheel Alignment https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01EPL6BB6/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_tai_htUOEb6MDMNDA

To $90: Magnetic Camber Caster King Pin Gauge Automobile Car Truck Wheel Alignment Tool https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00PB7V3SU/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_tai_vuUOEbXTJF0T7

To a couple of hundred: Longacre 52-78290 Dig Caster Camber Gauge https://www.amazon.com/dp/B001NN9G5S/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_tai_zvUOEbQ40N6VZ

Limestone likes this.
  6. Limestone

Limestone Well-Known Member

Outpost,
    I would imagine, that any place that does small foreign cars could do these mini trucks! Just a thought!
    Limestone

7. Outpost603

Outpost603 New Member

Limestone - You would actually be surprised at who couldn't align it. I made the trip down to Mass to my friends shop and on the new laser rack he has I can enter the vehicle in manually but would need specs for cross camber, cross caster, cross SAI, Total Toe, Thrust angle etc.

Jigs - It looks like we'll be breaking out the turn tables and doing this the old way. No Biggie, I was just hoping it wouldn't be a project to align it :)

By the way - you both have amazing rigs! I'm curious what you are using the scissor lifts for?

Billy - thanks for not being pissed I jumped into the thread!

Last edited: Apr 24, 2020
  8. Limestone

Outpost,
    I guess your right. On that note I guess nothing surprises me, ever since our Government put NAFTA in effect! We here in the U.S. have been slaves to the rest of the World ever since! Not trying to get political or hijack this post with political bs. So I agree with you, OLD SCHOOL still works! The scissor lift, to me is one of the greatest, economical thing's since sliced bread! lol! Cleaning out gutters, trimming trees, working on the 14 ft. high ceiling in the garage, and working on those ceiling lights! Working on the overhangs around the house, I have a 35 ft. flag pole that I parked next to, and serviced my solar light, that clamps on the pole. It was a lot safer than securing a ladder to the pole without slipping off! The nicest thing is, just like a scissor lift that you see on construction sites, you have a working platform, for tools, even a small step ladder if your safe enough! The difference is these go up to 6 ft. off the ground which is high enough, for these little fellas! Plus like Jig's said they make a great portable elevated hunting blind! Good Luck!
    Limestone

9. Jigs-n-fixtures

Jigs-n-fixtures Well-Known Member

Plus, it is lots easier to raise the bed in dump mode, and pull of the engine protection plate and work on the engine, than it is to try to get at things through the engine access plate in the bed.

I can sit on an upside down paint bucket, and do pretty much a complete tuneup. I can see all the screws on the carb, adjust the timing, and pull and replace the spark plugs. All without crawling around under the truck. I’m getting old enough to know I hurt if I lay on cold shop floors for very long.

Limestone likes this.
  10. billybass

billybass New Member

Update for you all.

The 12mm camber bolts are the correct size, but there is not enough room to make any adjustments.

Ended up just making the holes oblong to give me some space and went down to a 10mm bolt on the bottom. That got it done.

To properly align I just stood 10 feet back and took a look, along with a level on the brake discs. Yeah, that's proper!

11. Limestone

That's great info, once again! As I will soon be doing the same to mine! You've got to always stand back and take a look!
    Limestone

12. billybass

billybass New Member

A lot of trial and error with these trucks for sure....