U15T

Discussion in 'Mitsubishi Minicab' started by Austin Kleck, Feb 20, 2023.

1. Austin Kleck

Austin Kleck New Member

I have an 87 minicab (U15T) and would like to lift it and add tracks to use it for hunting.

here are my questions.

1.) anything i can do to this engine for more performance? Would like to have a little more power before going on tracks.

2.) the biggest lift i have found is a 2” and i don’t believe that will be enough for me to clear them.

3.) for the summer i would like to go a tad bigger on tires for running around our property. I cannot find rims that will fit the large locking hubs on the front of the u15t. Does anyone have any info on this?

any imput is greatly appreciated!

2. el_supremo

el_supremo New Member

Your engine is likely a 6-valve 3G81 or 3G83, you can swap it for a 12-valve 3G83 (or a 4A30?) without too much trouble. I'm midway through swapping the 6v for a 12v myself. The difference is 37 vs 41hp. I'm not sure that a turbo would be cost-effective.

I've read in various places that 13" rims off a Geo Metro will fit, but I don't know about the hub bore.

3. Bill_W

Bill_W New Member Supporting Member

I also have an 87 u15t. Does anyone know an aftermarket front hub that would fit, or a reasonably priced place to buy, the only one I've found is $695.00. Also, would a 796cc engine work without too much modifications.