1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

U14T stuck in reverse

Discussion in 'Mitsubishi Minicab' started by mr.mindless, Feb 1, 2021.

1. mr.mindless

mr.mindless Member

Got my truck stuck in reverse the other day. Shifter linkages are working, it’s an issue in the trans. In a normal trans I’d assume the shifter “finger” skipped out of the shift fork. Take the shifter off, put everything back to neutral, and try not to do it again.

no shifter cover on this guy though. Any simple way to accomplish the same?

Attached Files:

2. fmartin_gila

fmartin_gila Well-Known Member

Ensure you check both ends of the shifter cables before you jump in. Sometime back the shift cable end on mine had come disconnected from the shifter lever unit in the cab as the retainer was missing and I could only get certain gears.
    Fred

3. mr.mindless

mr.mindless Member

I am watching the levers on the trans move with the shifter. I can shift int 1st 2nd and 3rd but the trans is also always in reverse. I think I have gotten the shif lever back into reverse as well but have not been able to get the shift fork to come out of R along with the linkage.

4. mr.mindless

mr.mindless Member

Fixt

[​IMG]

shifter and shift rails are inside the back case. Could probably be done in the truck if needed, but having done it once, a 4x2 trans r&r is probably a 1hr job.

5. werase643

werase643 Member

i gots a spare 2wd 3 sp with 5200 miles... if you need it