1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Turning signal problem

Discussion in 'Suzuki Carry' started by TorontoGardener, Apr 17, 2010.

1. TorontoGardener

TorontoGardener New Member

Hi everyone,
    Of course this has to happen just before we go away for the weekend, in the new Carry.:frustration:

So I used my hasards, four way flashers, whatever you want to call them, for the first time and immediately after I have no turn signals.

The fuses over the clutch pedal are fine, and the four ways work and I can hear the solenoid clicking in time with them.
    But no clicking and no flashing when I push the light control arm up or down.

Are there other fuses somewhere that might be involved? another solenoid?
    And does anyone know the handsignals for a righthand drive ? :confused:

Thanks

2. SaskCarry

SaskCarry Member

That's happened to me too. I just fumbled around with the hazard switch and it came good. Try pulling the switch up and forward. I'm going to take the thing apart and find a permanent solution but this seems to fix it short-term. Good luck

3. Little Foot

Little Foot Member

Yes, because you don't use the hazard switch a lot, the contacts get dirty. Just actuate your hazard switch several times your blinkers should come back.

4. TorontoGardener

"I'm Okay!"

I have no idea which bit of fiddleing with fuses, control arms etc fixed it or how but it came good.

The hazard button istself is the last thing I would have though of but I suppose it over-rides the turn signals or something...thanks forn the replies.

Thanks for the suggestions.

5. Little Foot

Little Foot Member

Carry electrical

Working on a higher resolution jpeg and when I'm done I will post it

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 19, 2010
  6. Little Foot

Little Foot Member

Higher rez

Higher rez

Attached Files:

7. Don-in-Japan

Don-in-Japan Member

And if the switch doesn't fix it after playing with the button, tap the flasher relay.

8. TorontoGardener

Thanks for the responses,
    Is the flasher relay next to the fuses above the pedals?
    Have n't had any more problems, but then I haven't used the hazard switch!

Thanks for posting the wiring diagram, I will have to save up and buy the manual.

I'll spray some contact claner in all my switches some time....

9. Little Foot

Little Foot Member

Make sure that contact cleaner is not harmful to plastics. (Read the label carefully)

10. TorontoGardener

Thanks littlefoot, good point.

11. Don-in-Japan

Don-in-Japan Member

Should be up in there somewhere. Hit your hazards and you'll hear it click.. just find it via noise and fingertips.

12. Little Foot

Little Foot Member

My turn signal lever wasn't coming back to detent when turning right. They wanted 150$ for a used one. So I McGivered it. When I took it apart I noticed the crescent piece was worn on one side (Sorry no picture). It comes out by pushing it left against the spring and lifting it staight out. Then I chiped a piece of plastic from the upper section of this part and melted it to the worn tip with a hot iron. My lever now works perfectly. Hope this helps people with similar problem.

Attached Files:

13. fupabox

fupabox Well-Known Member

Good work:):):):)

14. Little Foot

Little Foot Member

Yah Red Green's duct tape didn't work!

15. fupabox

fupabox Well-Known Member

Just a question on fixing plastics...why the hell does nothing glue them??? When you were a kid building plastic model cars/airplanes, once they were glued they were impossible to get apart...anyone who has a good plastic glue the info would be appreciated..

16. Little Foot

Little Foot Member

Because these are more polymere than plastic. Loctite is suppose to have a glue that will work but you still need to cut a peice to glue and you will need to re-shape it anyways.

17. confuzed

confuzed Member

I have a subaru with the same issues never use the hazards but every once in a while for no reason my turn indicators stop working no flashing at all if i turn on my hazards and then turn them off yahoo turn indicators work

18. Osna J Cats

Osna J Cats New Member

Holy cow. Thanks everyone. I did all the things here and got mine working