1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Turbo for the minicab

Discussion in 'Mitsubishi Minicab' started by Nathan Marshall, Jan 9, 2017.

1. Nathan Marshall

Nathan Marshall New Member

So, maybe I'm kicking a dead horse here, but after searching, I can't find anyone that has put a turbo on the 3g83. Heres my thoughts. Rear mount so no custom manifold needed, just above/leftward of the trans. Flat slide 38mm pumper carb from a quad. Some tubing, maybe an intercooler, and Bob's your uncle, boosted kei. Am I missing something? Seems too easy. I've got the carb and and piping and intercooler, just need a turbo. Was thinking of a Suzuki Swift turbo but those are rare it seems. Anyone who has done this please, I'd love to hear about it. What kind of boost would be safe to run? It'd be great to do over 70kmh into a headwind

2. Gabe

Gabe New Member

I have a 93 with a 3g83 and I don't have much trouble holding 55mph (88kph) in the wind. I run mine 60 most the time(not floored, on a calm day it will run around 66 flat out. The only thing I've done to it was block of the EGR and advance the timing a bit.

3. 3banger

3banger Member

Mine does 100km/h all day long. It's an older chinese 3g82 (800cc) but wiki says it's equal in power. My problem is gearing. It sings soprano!

4. REITER

REITER New Member

Im Interested in doing a turbo as well I have done many custom turbo builds from Cummins to audi/VW even even a Toyota echo. I'm thinking maybe an Audi k03 Ill do some math and see if its too big. fueling either keep the carb and add an injector for enrichment or go stand alone then I could have full timing control as well.