1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tune up, Timing belt & Water Pump

Discussion in 'Suzuki Carry' started by Gregkabob, May 27, 2008.

1. KCCats

KCCats Member

So are you able to make a link to them?
    Can you send them to my Email?

2. Pasta

Pasta Member

All the photos combined are 75 MB and gmail only lets me send 25 MB at a time. I already copied/pasted/edited the original writeup with photos into a single .rtf document for my own use, so I'll just upload that to my dropbox. You can download it at the link below and it'll open in pretty much any text reader (Wordpad will work, it's on all Windows computers). It's pretty much copied and pasted from the original post, and I added a couple things the engine service manual recommends like torque specs and a reminder to adjust valve lash. It really is worth it to download the Chrome browser and photobucket fix extension though, it fixes all of the broken photobucket links on every page.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/9afkflsag400zu6/AABY-0tgnHqKrQY30lTX4GQka?dl=0

3. KCCats

KCCats Member

Kool I'll look into it!

Thanx for all your hard work!

4. harley rose

harley rose Member

THANKS Pasta, Going to come in VERY handy on many fronts.......

5. BubbaScrum

BubbaScrum New Member

Awesome! Thank you

6. Pasta

Pasta Member

No problem guys. My truck is still in the mail and I was planning on doing this first thing. I'm somewhat mechanically experienced but haven't had to do a timing belt yet, and reading the writeup without pictures was stressing me out more than helping haha. For some reason seeing it with photos makes it seem stupid easy. Not worried at all now.

7. harley rose

harley rose Member

Have your timing kit yet ?? Where did you get it ?? Cost ?? Thanks

8. KCCats

KCCats Member

I have gotten a quote on each component, but have not seen a 'Kit'!
    And I am not liking the cost either!
    Timing belt & tensioner$180
    Seals $60
    water pump $120
    Dist & rotor $77
    and a manual $124
    Tstat $35

Did I miss anything?

9. harley rose

harley rose Member

Wires ?? The OP stated he bought a complete kit shipped from Japan for $4 something I think... You can get your manual from a sponsor of this site for $25.00 :)

"$435 w/shipping. They quoted me 50 on the shipping and if it's less they'll refund. It all being shipped from Japan.

Greg "

It was just a packaged deal that came with seals & a few other unexpected goodies I think...

Last edited: Dec 31, 2017
  10. harley rose

harley rose Member

KC: On an entirely diff topic, The only way I know for you to get the low end torque you're looking for is in the gears somewhere.. Swap in a Hi/Low T-case ( I don't think that will be enough for you (( I have one in mine on 23s)) ) or Sammy axles where there are lots of choices.....

11. harley rose

harley rose Member

12. KCCats

KCCats Member

Great!
    Can you post up the list even if you just have a grand total?

As for the Torque that I am looking for, I am going to rework the exhaust as well, with 2" and a turbo muffler?
    I must admit I am used to the power of my VW TDI and I know there is No way to get that!

13. VanOne

VanOne Member

You might find water pumps etc for cheaper through buyee.jp
    For example, for my 1995 Every, I got this kit:
    https://buyee.jp/item/yahoo/shopping/solltd_1740051812SET2-002
    Which is pump, seal, tensioner, belt, and crank seals.

You'll find spare parts easily just by putting the type name(like DE51V) in search, and selecting the right categories. Or the spare part number.

14. harley rose

harley rose Member

I have no list, I just read yours or the OPs... I saw the exhaust recommendations. I'm a little sceptical & would LOVE to know how that goes. My experience is some smaller engines require the higher designed backpressure in the exhaust to operate correctly ?? 2" seems huge for a 660 cc ??

15. harley rose

harley rose Member

Hey Van: That site is all in Japanese !! LOL Did they take PayPal ?? if not how did you pay them ??

16. VanOne

VanOne Member

You can choose English right from the menu next to "Register".
    They take paypal. They have a FAQ in English:
    https://faq.buyee.jp/pkb_Home?l=en_US

Basically, an intermediary for buying from Japanese shopping sites that you see mentioned(Yahoo Shopping, Yahoo Auction etc).

17. KCCats

KCCats Member

Sounds real good, I saw it was $62 bucks! How much was the shipping?
    And do you have a link to the manual, or did I miss it?

18. VanOne

VanOne Member

Was 28 dollars for shipping(registered small package(air)), there is an estimation tool(that little calculator icon you see next to the item image). Mind you I live in Europe, so there might be differences in shipping costs.
    Can't really help with links to a electrical version of the service manual. All I have is the paperback by James Danko meant for 1991 onwards models. Based on your profile picture, yours is a pre-1990 model? So be aware that kit I linked might not be compatible, you'd really want to double check the part numbers using the frame number on megazip.net (can't really recommend using this site to get the parts, they overprice...severely, just check amayama.com with the part numbers).

19. KCCats

KCCats Member

Mine is a 91 DB51t
    How do I find the parts numbers?

20. VanOne

VanOne Member

Just use the frame number(the one you see right below the drivers seat, or the blue manufacturer's plate) of your vehicle on the search on megazip.net