1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Trying to decide wat mini truck i want

Discussion in 'Tips and Tricks' started by drewster2010, Dec 19, 2011.

1. drewster2010

drewster2010 New Member

hey guyz. im 13 and i own a landscaping co. and i hve a budget of 4500 and am looking at a 1998 hijet. but i pull trailer and plow so idk if it will handle that?

Trey 4x4 likes this.
  2. Ironraven

Ironraven Active Member

How big of a trailer? Yes they can plow.

3. drewster2010

drewster2010 New Member

not very big just needs to hold prob 700 pounds of landscape equipt
    i have my eye on a hijet but idk wat tires are good 4 plowing. but since i also plan on putting db in the back. im gonna put a lift in it 4 trail riding with the dirtbikes. i can drive it off road being my age rite?

4. Ironraven

Ironraven Active Member

Yup, you will be just fine hauling 700 pounds of equipment. I don't know what state you are in, but most states let you register them as ATV's and most states allow 13 year olds to drive ATV's... so you'll probably be fine. You won't want to drive very far with the plow on as it weighs a lot and will put a lot of stress on the front of the truck.

Blackline makes a plow setup that is power down that fits on a 2" receiver hitch, so you'll be able to disconnect it quickly and easily. I personally use a plow that floats (raises and lowers with a winch and relies on the weight of the plow to keep it on the ground) because I only plow on gravel.

If you're driving off road you'll probably need ATV tires, there are a wide variety of decent 6 ply tires out there. Just make sure you make sure they are rated for the amount of weight you will put on them.

If you lift your truck, make sure you don't go over 2" and make sure you check your alignment.

Trey 4x4 likes this.
  5. Ironraven

Ironraven Active Member

6. drewster2010

drewster2010 New Member

ya i can drive it and im in Ma if we get snow ill put the plow on only when il plowing tho.but idk how to do lift or were to get kit and stuff. cuz im gonna be alot of trails. any kind of good traction tires?

7. Ironraven

Ironraven Active Member

Any 6 ply ATV tire will work just fine.

I bought my lift kit off ebay, it took me about an hour to install.

8. drewster2010

drewster2010 New Member

ok cool ill check it out thanks

9. Ironraven

Ironraven Active Member

Keep in mind it's only a body lift so it doesn't increase the clearance of the truck. The only reason to install a lift kit is so that you can fit taller tires under the truck.

10. drewster2010

drewster2010 New Member

oh well i want 2 increse clerance 2 tho