1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Truck Year?

Discussion in 'References' started by smoothstroke, Aug 7, 2007.

1. smoothstroke

smoothstroke Member

Is there anyway of finding out the year of the truck from the chassis #. This truck is a daihatsu. Also how do you know if you have a 550cc or 660cc. What year did they change from 550 to 660. Any good places for parts for the older motors/trucks. Thanks for the info

2. Acerguy

Acerguy Moderator Staff Member

According to HERE, it would appear that 1990 was the year they (and most others I believe) went to the 660cc motors.

3. chadhite

chadhite Member

On A Daihatsu if the stamp on the fender is a S83P or S110P then you have a 660 cc engine. You should also have a plate on the frame, should be under the drivers seat and if the plate says EF you have a 660 cc if the plate says EB you have a 550.

In 1990 all makers of trucks were allowed by Japanese Government to expand thier engine sizes to 660cc.

4. smoothstroke

smoothstroke Member

Chassis #

The number stamped into the body under driver seat is S81P-131735. So I am assuming it is an older 550cc. I appreciate all the info. Thanks

5. Brian Shirley

Brian Shirley New Member

The year is on the seatbelt tag. BS

6. Acerguy

Acerguy Moderator Staff Member

Brian, that's an interesting fact. Do you know if that is the case on ALL Kei trucks?

7. abcminitrucks

abcminitrucks Member

I have found the year on the seatbelt tag to be somewhat reliable...but I would always check the passanger side as the driver's side would have more wear and could have possibly been replaced at some point.

I had one truck that the driver's side said it was a 1999 model which I did not believe. I checked the pass side at it was 1994. Which made more sense.

8. abcminitrucks

abcminitrucks Member

Maybe someone here has a listing of model numbers and their associated year of manufacture. Would be a great thing to post for all to have as a reference.

9. chadhite

chadhite Member

I can post the Makes and model numbers along with engine sizes if that will help?

10. chadhite

chadhite Member

Here are your makes, model numbers, engine sizes and engine codes: This will help if the truck is missing it's seat belt tag.

suzuki 550cc
    DB41T F5B engine
    DB71T F5A engine
    ST41 F5A engine

Suzuki 660cc
    DB51T F6A engine
    DD51T F6A engine

Mitsubuishi 550cc
    U12T G23B engine
    U14T 3G81 engine
    U15T 3G81 engine
    U18T G23B engine

Mitsubishi 660cc
    U19T 3G83 engine
    U42T 3G83 engine

Honda 550cc
    TC EH engine
    HA2 E05A engine

Honda 660cc
    HA4 E07A engine

Daihatsu 550cc
    S80P EB engine
    S81P EB engine
    S66 AB engine

Daihatsu 660cc
    S83P EF engine
    S110P EF engine

Subaru 550cc
    KT6 EK23 engine

Subaru 660
    KS4 EN07 engine
    KS3 EN07 engine

I don't have some of the new truck models and engines but I can get it if any body needs it.

11. smoothstroke

smoothstroke Member

Great Forum

This is some great information. Thanks Chadhite

12. kmoneil

kmoneil Administrator Staff Member

I'm going to move this 'Truck Year?' thread to the References section. We need to keep the 'Mini Truck Sales' for Sales Posting.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2007
  13. abcminitrucks

abcminitrucks Member

Hey Chadhite.

Thanks for taking the time to post this information...it will be most helpful, but it does not help with determining the model year if the seatbelt tag is missing.
    Can you add that information?

14. chadhite

chadhite Member

I am not familar enough with years for models to post that information. Just as soon as post what I know it will be wrong. Seat belt tag and body style is the only way I can determine year.

15. unclejemima

unclejemima Member

Great info, good posts guys!
    -mark