1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Truck stops running after about an hour

Discussion in 'Mitsubishi Minicab' started by Duck, Oct 3, 2017.

1. Duck

Duck New Member

Why does my truck stop running after about an hour then you let it cool off it starts back and runs for about another hour can someone help me please

2. Cole

Cole Member

Well I guess for a start one would need to know how it stops running? Does it stop abruptly like as if you turned it off or does it sputter as if it is being starved for fuel? Once you determine how it is shutting down fuel, electrical, air etc, you can then start searching that system to see what is failing.

3. Duck

Duck New Member

Its just like you turn the key off and I've noticed the fuel pump don't stop running it runs all the time

4. Duck

Duck New Member

It's just like you turn the key off and I've noticed that the fuel pump don't stop running it runs all the time

5. Cole

Cole Member

Hummm. That is definitely an interesting one. Does it restart immeaditly it stalls?

6. Duck

Duck New Member

it has to cool off before it starts back

7. Duck

Duck New Member

8. Cole

Cole Member

Well I would start by breaking it down into the main parts. Fuel, air, and spark. So you say the fuel pump keeps running but after it shuts down and won't restart remove the fuel supply line and direct it into a pail and turn on the ignition. If you have fuel flowing you know the pump actually still pumps.

Air is pretty easy remove the boot from the air box to the carb and verify the carb draws air as you crank it over. Next would be spark.

The easiest way to check that would be, after it is not starting, remove a spark plug cap and plug from one cylinder. Plug the spark plug back into the cap when removed from the cylinder. Then rest the outer metal portion of the plug on the engine to ground it and crank the engine over. You should see the plug arcing. These are just ways to help narrow down your search. Then further investigating can happen.

fmartin_gila likes this.
  9. Duck

Duck New Member

Thanks for the help

10. Duck

Duck New Member

Does anyone know where I can get a carburetor for my mitsubishi minicab U42t 3G83

11. Hey there- not sure if you’re still looking as this post is a little old but megazip.net should be what you need to get a new carb. Just put our chassis # into the search box (they carry almost every single part for my 91 Mitsu Van.

Happy hunting!

Mitsu Frank