1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Truck soft Top

Discussion in 'Subaru Sambar' started by Mike farrell, May 4, 2017.

1. Mike farrell

Mike farrell New Member

looking for a source for a truck bed top and frame. 1991 Subaru.

Mike

2. woodhe1

woodhe1 Member

Something like this? woodysminitrucks.com

Attached Files:

Tony Evers likes this.
  3. Tuskano

Tuskano Member

Liking the pickup style topper on that site! Would be perfect for taking my scooter to car shows with when it opens up on the side like that. And the other side for tools to repair said scooter. But sadly I cringe at the price. But I would think that is from what looks to be good quality work there.

4. woodhe1

woodhe1 Member

they are pricey when they only build 1 at a time.

5. fmartin_gila

fmartin_gila Well-Known Member

Seems as if I remember the name "Gem" or "Gem Toppers" or something on that line from back when I lived in the states. Were metal frame & skin, don't know if they are still around or not. I believe they speciallized in commercial applications so the units were quite sturdy and very well made (and probably quite expensive). There also is/was an outfit on E. Apache Blvd in Tempe, Az. or Main St in Mesa, az. (the same street, the old highway from Phoenix to Tucson) which would custom build metal frame & skinned toppers. Just can't dig their name out of the dark recess of my mind.

Fred

6. Tuskano

Tuskano Member

Never heard of Gem Toppers. If they are still out there I might look into them when I heavily get into looking for a canopy. I have been trying to look for something along the lines of this http://global.rakuten.com/en/store/suzukimotors/item/ihzt019/ . They unfortunately wont send to the states due to size. A few friends said I could always look into awning companies or ones that build convertible tops.

7. mr.mindless

mr.mindless Member

If you were looking to have something custom made, anywhere that does boat canvas would be my first call.

8. Tuskano

Tuskano Member

That's a good option. There is a few boat places around me.

9. fmartin_gila

fmartin_gila Well-Known Member

You may have to have a metal shop make a frame and then have a boat outfit make the cover for it.
    Fred

Tuskano likes this.
  10. Tuskano

Tuskano Member

True true. When my truck is out of the shop and I am back home, I might go an search around the metal shops in the industrial side. Should be interesting if I get takers on those projects.

11. sheelistic

sheelistic New Member

if your looking for just a cover for the box i got one from e bay for about 20 dollars from japan.

12. Mike farrell

Mike farrell New Member

I looked and could not find one