1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Transmission Mount

Discussion in 'Suzuki Carry' started by RICAHRDT, Mar 10, 2008.

1. RICAHRDT

RICAHRDT Member

has any one ever had to replace the rubber trans. mount ? I just had the clutch & starter replaced at the tune of $680.00. (under warranty) and i got under there to make sure they didn't forget anything and i noticed one of the mounts is bad. Think i can replace something else, like a peice of rubber material? seems to me a good mechanic would of caught this, and i also noticed they broke on of the cross member bolts to. I just got the thing and my first real test on it and the clutch went out then the starter. good thing. i had a 30 day warranty. I guess the right thing to do would be to go through this entire truck and check out the oil levels, bearing etc.. etc..?? has anyone done this? and whats a thing to look at at a glance every thing look clean not too much rust and the interior is very clean. so if anyone has any useful tips before i begin feel free.

2. IndianaJason

IndianaJason Member

Well, I would take it back and have the additional things you mentioned fixed.... I'm assuming they would have known if they broke a bolt off, especially when they went to put it back together???? Not to sound like Mr. negative but it doesnt speak much of their mechanics...makes one wonder if they fixed it properly???

I would definatly look the whole truck over, especially if you have a 30 day warranty.

Look at the cv boots on the front axle, both sides (2 on each side)..any cracks or splits or if they are already cracked you may notcie grease leaking out. Those boots should not be allowed to leak grease out, and leak water/dust/mud in....

Check all fluid levels in both front and rear axles, trans, transfer case, engine....antifreeze, battery water level, etc.... additional motor and trans. mounts...

Vacuum lines on motor and wiring harness'....

Take advantage of that 30 day warranty I say....

Good luck...

3. larryn2o

larryn2o Member

i'm with you! why would they 1/2 do it?

on a side note:
    "1993 Geo Metro convertible 3cyl. 5 spd. - 246,000 miles "
    i've had 3verts & 7 hatch backs ,got to love them Metros!

4. RICAHRDT

RICAHRDT Member

tranny

Yes, i'm with you on there mechanical ability, The only reason they got the truck is the dealer i bought it from uses them. It will never go back to them after they replace the throw out bearing. I usually do my own mechanic work . and i've looked most of it over and i plan on checking fluids this coming weekend when i have time to get under there. evertthing i looked at seemed ok. and my 30 days were up as it sat at there shop. But yes i'm also with you. i wonder if they even changed out the pressure plate. They rushed it you can tell. runs well , drives well sounds good. little rust no much 63km's *I did notice a leak in the boots thats was all me though. I need to design stick stoppers like atv's. I used it in tall grass and din't think about my boots and it tore one. Is that and easy fix?