Transmission click out of 5th gear?

Discussion in 'Subaru Sambar' started by Jhanek, Jun 19, 2024.

1. Jhanek

Jhanek New Member

Hello all,

I have a 1994 KV4 EN07Y MT. After replacing the large shift bushing with a Perrin and checking the operation I notice this distinct semi-loud clicking when I shift out of 5th. Doesn't happen with any other gears. Is this normal? I can't say I noticed it before or not cause I never shifted it with the engine cover off or while it wasn't running before the install. I'm worried I may have moved the linkage while I had both ends of the shift cable off so now it's not actually in whatever gear the lever says? Is that possible? I thought it was from one of the cables but using a stethoscope I traced it to inside the transmission probably in the linkage near the large cable end. Here's a video of the sound

Also, I didn't drive it much before I parked it and tore it apart and spent the last 5 months cleaning and sound deadening. Replaced a lot of parts too. I'm pretty sure I'm only a battery install away from cranking her. I'm wondering if there's aything else I should do besides prime fuel and oil?