1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Transfer case gear reduction

Discussion in 'Suzuki Carry' started by JInman, Jan 31, 2017.

1. JInman

JInman New Member

Anyone with bigger tires considered having a diff shop try to do a gear reduction in the transfer case? This is possible as aftermarket case gears for the samurai tfer cases - was thinking something like a 1.5:1 ratio might not be a bad thing if one were to put much larger tires & lift on their 4x4 carry.

I don't want to tear it down just to find out - so was looking to try & find an exploded diagram of the transfer case to see if this is even an option. Anyone have one? All I can find are pictures / diagrams of the case halves but no guts. If the gears are integral with the shafts inside then I guess this isn't even an option that would be feasible. Probably unrealistic to think that different gears would be available, but worth an ask.

Mine just has the 2wd / 4wd case (no 4 low setting). If my 4wd setting was 1:5:1 instead of 1-1 - then when off road it would have more desirable gears and I could actually get out of 2nd gear maybe.