1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Trans/Synchro's

Discussion in 'Daihatsu Hi jet' started by BigJoel, Apr 7, 2011.

1. BigJoel

BigJoel Member

Hello all,

I'm pretty sure that my synchro's are going out in my jumbo. It has started to grind 2nd and 4th, sometimes won't go in any gear, and sometimes pops out of 4th.
    My question is, How hard is it to find trans parts here in the US? Am i better off looking for a whole new/replacement trans?

Thanks,
    Joel

2. BigJoel

BigJoel Member

So apparently it's impossible to find parts in the US. I'm now in the process of looking for a 5 speed trans.

I have a 92 S83P 4x4. The trans will be shipped to 39180. Please let me know if you have one available or know where one is. Thanks.

3. Ironraven

Ironraven Active Member

I'd PM some vendors... I think Terry from Trax and Horns has some trucks for parts?

4. BigJoel

BigJoel Member

Will do. Thanks

5. BigJoel

BigJoel Member

Still having trouble with this. Is a 5 speed in an S83P un common? I've talked to several people and they all have 4 speeds, but none a 5.

6. TRAX and HORNS

TRAX and HORNS Well-Known Member

Crazy but I just bought a 5 speed S83P. First one I ever saw. All the other S83's I have had were 4 speed.I suspect maybe these later S83's got the S110P tranny's right before they went to building S110's. Might try Bryce at South Texas Mini Trucks. He'll have the best price if he has one(210-827-4430). If not try Mini Brutes Mini Trucks or
    G and R Imports.

7. BigJoel

BigJoel Member

I e mailed Mini Brutes and haven't heard back from them. I talked to a guy at G&R yesterday. He said that he had never seen an S83P with a 5 speed and didn't think they made them, so i took some pics and sent to him. He's supposed to be checking to see what he can find and getting back to me. I'll try Bryce in the meantime. Thanks Trax.

Edit:
    I just went through my e mail, and i had already contacted Bryce on Monday. He doesn't have what i'm looking for. Really hoping G&R or Mini Brutes will come through for me. This is getting frustrating..

Last edited: May 18, 2011
  8. BigJoel

BigJoel Member

The guys at G&R came through for me. They're sending me a new (to me) 5 speed trans today. Should be here around Tuesday or so.