1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Trailering Equipment

Discussion in 'References' started by greg0187, Dec 20, 2007.

1. greg0187

greg0187 Moderator Staff Member

Going this weekend to pick up 99 Daihatsu w/factory wheels tires. I am renting a 10ft U-Haul car trailer. U-Haul says that the minimum width for the trailer is 3'6". Anyone know or could quickly look and tell me if the inside width (inside tire to inside tire) is larger than this. Hopfully this will help someone in the future as well.

Thank you,
    Greg

2. speedy67

speedy67 Member

I just measured the tracks my Suzuki Carry left in the snow on my driveway....it measures 43" inside to inside. I hope this helps....

3. greg0187

Thanks for taking the time to do that for me. 3.58333333 feet is borderline. I'm not sure what year you have but I do know that the 99 model Daihatsus were widened so maybe it will be OK. Now the question is do I risk driving 300 miles and it not fit?

Greg

4. Caleb Roth

Caleb Roth Member

if you have a longbed truck you can use all you will need is a set of ramps;)

5. speedy67

speedy67 Member

My Carry is a 1992, So your Diahatsu likely is wider.

6. greg0187

I do have a long bed truck but it has a toolbox. After thinking about it and with the measurement from Speedy I find it hard to believe it would be any narrower. I'm going for it. I'll post my findings (hopefully good) when I get back. Thanks again for all your help.

-Greg

7. BamaJoe

BamaJoe New Member

I just picked up a 2000 daihatsu van using the standard uhaul car carrier. fits no problem!
    Joe

8. greg0187

Thanks all. It did fit with no issues.

-G

9. h2hminitrucks

h2hminitrucks New Member

I just measured a 99 suzuki I have and the inside to inside measurement is 46".