1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tracks

Discussion in 'Parts Sales' started by Brian Shirley, Aug 20, 2007.

1. Brian Shirley

Brian Shirley New Member

Anyone looking for tracks for minis? We are putting together an order for Giant Tracks. They WILL and DO work on the trucks. Their design does allow them to turn. Call me or Mike at 620 225 4629 for pricing, Brian

2. Cape Ape

Cape Ape Member

how 'bout now

Brian,

More info on these tracks?

3. Wolfman

Wolfman Member

Cool idea. Tracks for a truck with a plow should be nothing short of unstoppable. :D

4. Colin

Colin Member

I've seen a few pictures of a minitruck with Mattracks-style ATV tracks installed. I'd imagine you'd blow through a ton of ball joints and tie rod ends if you were to install them on a minitruck.

5. Wolfman

Wolfman Member

I don't see why they would, if you're using mattracks the same size as what is applied to ATV's. I wouldn't try to bolt on a set from an F250 for example. Way too big and too much power needed to work.

6. Colin

Colin Member

You've got a whole lot more unsprung weight swinging in the breeze. That's bound to add extra strain on drivetrain/suspension/steering parts.

Colin

7. Wolfman

Wolfman Member

True. However, using a set designed for their intended application (minitruck probably a bit more robust than an ATV), shouldn't yield component stresses beyond the limits of the equipment being used on. Otherwise companies like mattracks would stand to be held liable for the ensuing damage.

8. Colin

Colin Member

Well, yeah... I'm not talking about catastrophic and immediate failure upon installation of the tracks. I'm just saying you're bound to wear out components prematurely.

Colin

9. Brian Shirley

Brian Shirley New Member

Look up Giant Tracks. They work.