1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tracks or no Tracks

Discussion in 'General Truck Info' started by maxsutter, Mar 5, 2008.

?

Tracks or NO Tracks

1. Yes Sir!

41.0%
  2. No

15.4%
  3. They are too bulky and expensive

43.6%
  4. They are maintence nightmare!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Timetripper

Timetripper Moderator

Yah, Don't I know it. Just waiting for the #'s on the lotto ticket to match up :D

Do the trucks need lifts on them for the Mattracks ?

2. miniMOG

miniMOG Member

You may get away with no lift with a little trimming, but we do a 2" spacer lift in the front only.

3. Timetripper

Timetripper Moderator

Thanks for the info

4. racewrks

racewrks New Member

Sorry about all the questions,but new at these trucks. I had talked about one with tracks for grooming our snowmobile trails. I had read that some tought they are under powered for the tracks,but we tow our drag(somewhere around 250-300 lbs) to groom the trail at speeds between 5-12 mph now. I would say that we will be grooming with the truck in the same speed range. I also know that that another concern would be the clutch.Anybody know how big a clutch it is? Yesterday recieved an email from someone who sells them in Mass.,he said that he does not have any in stock and that the EPA has suspended importing of these trucks. Does anyone know if this is true? Most of these truck seem to use 660cc motors,are they all made by the individual manufacturers or do they all use the same engine. Why I ask is that in some of our snowmobiles we use a 660cc Suzuki engine with a turbocharger and intercooler on them.Um,if I needed more power!!!!!!!!!!!

5. Rural

Rural Member

Someone in Mass. was pretty close to correct. Without a costly inspection/certification, these trucks can't be imported into the US. This has stopped most US dealers in their tracks for now.

The 660cc engines are a result of the regulations to this class of vehicle in Japan.

6. Stuff99

Stuff99 Active Member Staff Member

My dad is interested in a pair for his subaru. guys wanna pm me a price to canada? s4a 2r6 for postal code. think its a 90-92 model to.

[​IMG]

7. Timetripper

Timetripper Moderator

Looks like a 90~92 to me

8. Stuff99

we are just worried there isnt enough room for the fronts to steer properly..

9. Timetripper

Timetripper Moderator

Stuff99: I would go by miniMOG's reply, I don't know anyone else that has more experience with tracks than him.

10. Azada

Azada Member

Tracks are Awesome

Hi All,
    We have been tracking trucks for a couple years and have had great success. Our track system gives close to 3000 square inches of ground contact so the traction and flotation is amazing. Steering is no problem-2 inch lift necessary on most trucks-only 95 lbs per track-all season. Check out our videos of tracked kei trucks @
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NsOOztVikFQ
    Our systems retail for 5300 CAN$. In the videos a coule of the trucks have Mattracks on them as we were comparing both systems.

www.samuraitrucks.com

11. racewrks

racewrks New Member

This may be a silly question,but if they can't import anymore at this time can dealers sell their current inventory? Also are parts still availible if the trucks are not being imported?

12. Azada

Azada Member

Tracks

We are Canada based so I will leave that for the US guys to confirm. I believe they can still sell their current inventory and there are some who have or are working on govt. approval to continue importing.
    Samurai Trucks ships parts all over North America and is not affected by the import ban. www.samuraitrucks.com

Please check us out and give us a call or email if you need anything.
    Thanks

13. Stuff99

im gonna talk to my dad and see what he says. can you confirm if the subaru needs a lift or if it can be lifted even? i thought subaru trucks couldnt be.

14. Azada

Azada Member

Tracks Subaru

The subarus can be lifted-we usually lift the Subarus 2 1/4 inches for tracks.
    Darc
    www.samuraitrucks.com