1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tracks on mini truck

Discussion in 'General Truck Info' started by speedy67, Nov 26, 2007.

1. speedy67

speedy67 Member

OK, so I've got a customer that wants a truck to put tracks on. He now has a side-by-side (I'm not sure of the brand) that he put tracks on and he says it's too difficult to steer. So he's inquiring about a KEI truck and requesting power steering. How well do they steer with the tracks? I'm thinking that the steering system on these trucks is a little more sophisticated that the Utes.

This is in Canada, and he's also wanting to licence the vehicle, so that means a 15 year-old unit. The reasoning for registering it, he tells me, is to comply with hunting regulations....he says you can't carry a firearm in the passenger compartment of an ATV or Ute, registering it makes it a motor vehicle.

He was also requesting an extended cab....that would make it a Daihatsu Jumbo, are they available with high-low transferase and locking diffs? I had mentioned a Van and he seemed open to that.

So what are my options and can anybody help me out with supply?

Looking forward to your responses.