1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Toyota LiteAce

Discussion in 'General Truck Info' started by Stuff99, Apr 30, 2009.

1. Psilosin

Psilosin Member

Are you still trying to find a filter that fits?

If the factory oil filter for your Liteace is the 90915-30001 as listed then your engine has the large and quite rare 24mm x 1.5 oil filter thread. I am surprised the Baldwin was too big...not that I have looked at a million filters but I have never seen a car filter with larger than 24mm.

Have you verified what the thread size/pitch is on your engine? If a 24mm filter is not fitting maybe the union on your engine was changed by someone to one with a different thread size like a more common 3/4 x 16?

2. Stuff99

Stuff99 Moderator Staff Member

thats what im thinking. but the fram filter # crosses over to the baldwin correctly. should work! blah such a pita!

[​IMG]

thats a pic of the fitting. takes a 24mm wrench i hear.

3. Ironraven

Ironraven Active Member

You could always buy one of those oil filter relocation kits and put the filter somewhere you want it to be and use whatever filter you desire...

4. Stuff99

i would love to. but they dont come in that size i hear

5. Stuff99

6. zardoz

zardoz Member

We had great success with wix

I'd look into Ironravens thought, if you could find something close you could have a new piece machined (if memory serves it would be the connector that couples the spigot that would need machined). Heck with a jug of rum you might convince a decent machinist to make you the sandwich even.... mmmm sandwich.... :sly:

It might not be real cheap.... but it would be real permanent and a good platform to be able to use other filters if you had need to... for my truck I've decided to find/make a new intake filter arrangement. Not quite the same as your oil filter issues but bothersome to HAVE to buy a filter that had to be specially imported. With that giant mini of yours I'd bet you could find all sorts of easy access places to hide a filter adapter :D

z

sidenote add on.... the wix supplier bought all of our existing fram filters of any and all variety on the base (lots and lots and lots of them) to make the transition fast and effortless, heck it even seemed to feel like it was cost effective.... odd for a federal deal to be cost effective LOL

Last edited: Feb 27, 2011
  7. Stuff99

im gonna see how the wix does first. if its no change, then im gonna see what i can do for a relocate. Ive heard horror stories about loss of pressure and more leaking.

8. fupabox

fupabox Well-Known Member

love the column shift:)

9. Psilosin

Psilosin Member

Makes me glad my Liteace just uses the same filter as the Toyota Corolla/Matrix.

I haven't heard you mention it in your trials...but have tried the actual Toyota 90915-30001 already?

10. Psilosin

Psilosin Member

From your picture...what is that bolt I have circled in red? From the picture it looks like it is screwed into the oil filter mount housing (or is that just an optical illusion). Maybe it is loose and that is a leak source?

Attached Files:

11. MiniBrutes

MiniBrutes Member

Well, looks like I need to pay more attention to this thread. Engine related anyway.

I think I just bought a 91 Sprinter Saloon, 2C diesel, manual trans 4wd!, 39km.

Heh. Little 4WD diesel Corolla. Highway commuter. Lol

And its nice ToyoDIY got their pics back. They had them a long time ago, then some legal BS made them take down the images. Now they are back. That is nice.

Edit >> Just looked up my Sprinter, and no photos :(

Last edited: Mar 1, 2011
  12. Stuff99

Psilosin - oil pressure sending unit. I do not believe that is the culprit. Of course its been like -40 here now so ive been using the minivan because it has command start lol.

No, havent gotten an official oil filter yet. the toyota dealer in regina has some rather RUDE and annoying people working there... Maybe next time im in Regina I will try or go to MooseJaw.

Jeremy - dont let this give you a bad feeling about the 2C i think its just simply Fram + cold = fail lol

13. Stuff99

so had fun getting home from regina. we stayed an extra night to avoid the highways being it got too close to sun down. good thing to! there was reports of cars in the ditches and we saw the marks from it! also saw a car completely on its side in the ditch! looked like it was out of the movies!

anyhow the best section of the road.
    [​IMG]

Stopped in Weyburn for some coffee and took some pictures.

Note my passenger mirror is wrapped around and facing back. Splashes of ice and slush from the semi's did that!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

14. Stuff99

15. fupabox

fupabox Well-Known Member

Those are quite the ice sculptures you have going there:p...can't say I've ever seen it like that

16. blakkmoon

blakkmoon Member

those pix are wild
    snow spinners!

17. Kei King

Kei King Member

Haha, amazing amazing amazing photos! Love the truck nuts, transformer sticker and sweet ice hub craps. Looks like they really lay down the salt in Sask!!!

18. Stuff99

they did because of the bad storm that rolled through. most highways were closed by the RCMP. that rarely happens here! got her to a car wash and got the layer of salt off of her i hope. gonna hit the wash again next warm day.

19. Stuff99

well because of the ice buildup and so forth i put it in my fathers garage over night. im not sure what was going on but it didnt seem to have very good steering.. might be a low tire to.

Monday im going to get the tires checked (gotta love kal tire and free repairs) and going to inquire about a tortion lift. would be nice to get a free inch or two lift!

20. Stuff99

So I left it in the shop overnight, but it wasnt enough. sure lots of ice fell off the truck and it made a mess under it but there was still a ton of ice and muck under the truck. had to take it to a car wash and get under the front and clean out all the ice from under the front and the steering stuff. Went from a lugged down hard to steer truck to something light and very responsive!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

21. Stuff99

Well took the truck in today and got some tires fixe and got the torsion bars torqued up lol

Note tire to fender/door.
    before
    [​IMG]
    after
    [​IMG]

even sits better!
    [​IMG]

22. greg0187

greg0187 Moderator Staff Member

Much Much Better!

23. Stuff99

it only seems like an inch or inch and a half but its amazingly different. I lay back into the seat now, it feels higher up in the front and it rides nicer to!

24. Stuff99

Im measuring it up to see if i can fit a truck camper on her being it has a full 8 foot box/deck..

Also now you can click to see bigger photo :p
    [​IMG]

25. Stuff99

so this friday she road trips 700km up to North Battleford, then 700km home.

26. Stuff99

So bit of a rant here... Remember that oil filter i picked up a while ago that DID NOT FIT? well I was through regina awhile ago and dropped it off at "clean air supply" for a return. well the owners were gone to a funeral and so there were 2 guys up front that had no clue what they were doing (first sign i should have walked away). So i dropped it off with them and left my contact and business name etc.

So couple weeks go by and nothing. finally fired off an email to the guys asking whats up and when can i get my refund. I get a letter back from them saying
    I asked what a will fit filter is and got back:
    So, because someone damaged the filter in their care, they refuse to refund it. ya.. they just lost my business. So now i have a $50 paperweight..

27. Stuff99

Found out why the filter does not work. the fram is a 24 mm x 1.5 mm thread ID And the baldwin is a 24 mm x 1.5 mm OD

now the guy looked it up, said he went off what i gave him to cross, it should be his fault right?

28. Psilosin

Psilosin Member

Sucks. They should refund you in my opinion. Alas they likely won't. Cross them off you list of places to shop and move on.

Finally put that Fram filter up on ebay for $100 as an official Jaques Villenuves collectible. Might need to smear a bit of poutine on it to make it look more official first... :D

29. Stuff99

the debate is to knock them off my list... they custom made me an air filter, which i will try tonight. if it fails to work or fit, they are 100% off the list. which sucks cause i got the oil changed today to (yay 15w40) and the filter in it now is dusty as heck!

another bad thing is they clean air filters there to..

30. Psilosin

Psilosin Member

I'd tell that shop to 'stuff' it. :cool:

You can get the real deal Toyota oil filter (9091530001) for the 2C diesel for $10 from toyotapartsales.com. They also carry the proper toyota air and fuel filter for the 2C engine as well for equally decent prices. I have used them for years, cheapest place around for toyota filters. They will ship USPS.