1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Toyota LiteAce

Discussion in 'General Truck Info' started by Stuff99, Apr 30, 2009.

1. olddatsunfan

olddatsunfan Member

I'm impressed, you've managed 1000K a day on the Toyota! Nice going! Sounds like the birds are flying south, or you're down to eat the birds LOL!

2. Stuff99

Stuff99 Moderator Staff Member

lol no bird eating here. Im now in Fayetteville, Arkansas. Drove around springfield yesterday doing some running around, and some how i lost another liter of oil.. went to fire it up this morning and the oil light came on again, and it was a liter down... so now i have gotten some 20-50 quarts and will top it up with that. if it looses enough it should be the same as an oil change right? lol.

anyhow, so far ive put on about 1300 miles in under a week, rolled over 100,000km on the odometer, so truck is doing well!

OH, and so many people have been gawking, double taking, and asking how i got it road legal lol!! too much fun!

3. olddatsunfan

olddatsunfan Member

Sounds pretty typical to me there stuff, on a good, hard run, I'll use about a half litre of 20W50 in a 1000km or so on the highway. You're probably giving her good revs for a long stretch, so ya, just top her up and keep an eye on the clarity and colour. If it starts going dark, change the oil out as carbon is starting to build up.

No bird on Thanksgiving, bummer, oh well, your well into sour mash country, live it up I say!

4. Stuff99

ya some good rev's indeed. hilly country around here. so works it way up hill, then i use the down hill to coast it at the speed limit. i know not to overrev this engine!! kinda different to hear a diesel uses oil like that. guess im too used to gasoline engines.

5. olddatsunfan

olddatsunfan Member

The only diesel I'm running nowadays is the HD F350. The other stuff is on gas engines. I figure that checking and topping oil is always good!

6. Stuff99

well i am home. 2500 miles in two weeks = road rash!

so i went through 4 quarts of oil. 2 of wich were both between sioux city and falls. one each way, one when in missiouri, and one in minot, nd on the way back. from what i can tell something (prob rear engine seal) on the back is leaking. I am wondering if my pcv valve is sticking or if it has to do with the change in elevations..

anyhow it runs like a champ now and im home and happy!

7. Acerguy

Acerguy Moderator Staff Member

Glad you're home safe and sound! :)

8. olddatsunfan

olddatsunfan Member

Nice road trip! 4 quarts of oil doesn't sound that bad, mind if it's a leak then that can be fixed!

9. Stuff99

ya ill try to get a pic of the underside today. under the truck and the tail gate is all oil spotted and the tailgate is all greasy from diesel exhaust to >.<

10. mini operator

mini operator New Member

thats a bad ass truck, is it brand new? i would love to have a mini with a 3 cyl
    diesel. I have a kubota L2800dt tractor and its tuff as nails. you could drive it off a building and it wouldnt miss a beat.

11. mini operator

mini operator New Member

visor

that visor looks like instructions for shifting into 4wheel drive
    and possibly a manual axle locker

12. Stuff99

lol mini operator. no its not new, canada = 15 years old to import, also its not really a mini, its a mini XL lol. and it has a 2 liter inline 4 diesel engine. im kinda disapointed for mileage on my trip. averaged 25-30 mpg highway. but gotta take into account that was hammer down the whole way down and back. maxed out at 70mph, highest was 78mph down hill, no wind lol. and oh yeah, WIND SUCKS!!! it was the biggest factor. sometimes i could only do 60-65 cause the wind was so strong.

as for pics, well i need to find that mini sd stick converter to get the pics off my phone....

13. Stuff99

okay round trip pics, add bout 130 miles on. i forgot to reset when i headed out till i was past minot lol

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And when I left, this was dry, in sioux city there was some wet black to the bottom, and got home and its this big..

[​IMG]

14. Stuff99

hmm not sure bout that leak now. its only on the RH side of the truck.. if it was engine seal that would be all over or just out the bottom.... maybe a sending unit or something is leaking...

anyhow, this morning -40 windchill (thats the same C and F) and ya, truck would go. oil pan warmer on all night to... so blah...

15. fupabox

fupabox Well-Known Member

it looks like the oil is coming from the top of the bellhousing..if the rear seal were gone I wouldn't think the oil would be able to drip near the top,unless being thrown by the flywheel...If that were true then you should also notice some clutch slipping...Me thinks yer leak be elsewhere...did you take all that mud to the south and back or just smuggle southern mud in...:)

16. Stuff99

lol .. well there was an incident with buddy's front lawn, and rain and a pot planter.... needless to say i owe his wife a pot planter....

ya i think i need to get her pulled to my dad's shop and thaw her out...

too bad these cabs dont tip ahead like a big rig does!!

17. Stuff99

It Lives!!

add a crazy tom lol

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 16, 2009
  18. Stuff99

ya pic of the snow behind it once i did get her going..
    [​IMG]

19. Stuff99

out on the ice of Rafferty Dam in Saskatchewan. I have a video to of having some fun but the woman threatened me if i put it up on youtube lol.

[​IMG]

20. fupabox

fupabox Well-Known Member

I love that last pic of your truck...put up the vid, whats the worst she can do ;)

21. Stuff99

thanks Fupa!

its a white one here today! missed half or the 6-12" of snow forcasted for last night. and its snowing good today. in the BG of this picture should be the city of Estevan lol.

[​IMG]

22. olddatsunfan

olddatsunfan Member

Awww Stuff, that just looks nasty cold! With a town that big, is there a choice of pubs ;-)?

23. Stuff99

it was actually nice out and snowing lightly till the wind picked up to 50k/hr!! then it got really cold and miserable! tomorrow aughta be interesting.

and yea there is like 8 bars. 1 is a lounge, 1 is a pub and rest are bars lol.

24. olddatsunfan

olddatsunfan Member

Man, I get cold just looking at your picture of home Stuff. C'mon, Estevan has to be bigger than the pic shows to have 8 drinking establishments!

25. Stuff99

its cold today! -20 out and -35 windchill!! so truck didnt start all that well again this morning... really hoping someone got me a fuel filter...

26. MiniBrutes

MiniBrutes Member

I heard santa is on his way with boxes of jap parts

27. Stuff99

woooooot! with the -35 windchill it was getting hard to start again.

28. Stuff99

so, its loosing oil bad now.. in the shop till i can figure out wth is leaking!!

btw, how do you guys with the mid engines get to the top of the engine? gotta take the box or cab off?

29. olddatsunfan

olddatsunfan Member

I remove my top hatch in the van bed!

30. Stuff99

must be nice lol. no hatch on the bed of my truck. just the passenger seat comes up.
    [​IMG]