1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Toyota LiteAce

Discussion in 'General Truck Info' started by Stuff99, Apr 30, 2009.

1. Stuff99

Stuff99 Active Member Staff Member

Well took the truck in today and got some tires fixe and got the torsion bars torqued up lol

Note tire to fender/door.
    before
    [​IMG]
    after
    [​IMG]

even sits better!
    [​IMG]

2. greg0187

greg0187 Moderator Staff Member

Much Much Better!

3. Stuff99

it only seems like an inch or inch and a half but its amazingly different. I lay back into the seat now, it feels higher up in the front and it rides nicer to!

4. Stuff99

Im measuring it up to see if i can fit a truck camper on her being it has a full 8 foot box/deck..

Also now you can click to see bigger photo :p
    [​IMG]

5. Stuff99

so this friday she road trips 700km up to North Battleford, then 700km home.

6. Stuff99

So bit of a rant here... Remember that oil filter i picked up a while ago that DID NOT FIT? well I was through regina awhile ago and dropped it off at "clean air supply" for a return. well the owners were gone to a funeral and so there were 2 guys up front that had no clue what they were doing (first sign i should have walked away). So i dropped it off with them and left my contact and business name etc.

So couple weeks go by and nothing. finally fired off an email to the guys asking whats up and when can i get my refund. I get a letter back from them saying
    I asked what a will fit filter is and got back:
    So, because someone damaged the filter in their care, they refuse to refund it. ya.. they just lost my business. So now i have a $50 paperweight..

7. Stuff99

Found out why the filter does not work. the fram is a 24 mm x 1.5 mm thread ID And the baldwin is a 24 mm x 1.5 mm OD

now the guy looked it up, said he went off what i gave him to cross, it should be his fault right?

8. Psilosin

Psilosin Member

Sucks. They should refund you in my opinion. Alas they likely won't. Cross them off you list of places to shop and move on.

Finally put that Fram filter up on ebay for $100 as an official Jaques Villenuves collectible. Might need to smear a bit of poutine on it to make it look more official first... :D

9. Stuff99

the debate is to knock them off my list... they custom made me an air filter, which i will try tonight. if it fails to work or fit, they are 100% off the list. which sucks cause i got the oil changed today to (yay 15w40) and the filter in it now is dusty as heck!

another bad thing is they clean air filters there to..

10. Psilosin

Psilosin Member

I'd tell that shop to 'stuff' it. :cool:

You can get the real deal Toyota oil filter (9091530001) for the 2C diesel for $10 from toyotapartsales.com. They also carry the proper toyota air and fuel filter for the 2C engine as well for equally decent prices. I have used them for years, cheapest place around for toyota filters. They will ship USPS.

11. Stuff99

then they will get "stuffed"

12. Stuff99

well fixed the tail lights. just grabbed and bent back
    [​IMG]

and swaped out air filters.
    [​IMG]

13. Stuff99

well back from the trip!
    [​IMG]

Head winds SUCK!!!! My mileage was very poor.. drag from the appliances couldnt help either...

First Fill

255.5km - 32.811 L @1.219/L $40.00 - 7.79km/l - 18.32mpg

Second Fill

248.7km - 36.550 L @1.229/L $44.92 - 6.80km/l - 15.99mpg

Third Fill - Last of head winds.

153.6km - 22.419 L @1.249/L $28.00 - 6.85km/l - 16.11mpg

Fourth Fill - includes saskatoon city driving

308.0km - 35.724 L @1.209/L $43.19 - 8.62km/l - 20.27mpg

Fifth Fill

266.0km - 31.992 L @1.219/L $39.00 - 8.31km/l - 19.55mpg

Total $$ - 195.11

Total km - 1231.8 765.4 Miles

Total L - 159.396 42.11 US Gallons

Mileage - 7.77km/l 18.18 Mpg

OH!! and it did not BURN ANY OIL!!!!! i think the oil problem is all over! FU Fram!

Last edited: Apr 25, 2011
  14. Psilosin

Psilosin Member

Lol. I agree headwinds + liteaces do not mix. Liteaces have some finiky aerodynamics.

The little roof basket I just added to mine is like I added a 1000lb anchor! The basket is only 5-6" high and it even has the front spoiler to aid in its aerodynamics but it has changed my topspeed from ~120 to ~98. Pedal to the floor on flat ground I couldn't get above 100kmh lol. Took the basket off just to make sure it was the basket causing the slow speed and vroom vroom 120 no problem...basket back on 98 :(

15. Stuff99

no way! i thought that basket was cool! and i was thinking of some beacon lights on mine... guess i find out how to be more aerodynamic on the highways...

16. Stuff99

Got the shed in finally. 2 8x12' sheds. need to get rid of storage unit.. 120/m adds up!

loaded OSB
    [​IMG]

had to cut it at this cause the tire on the left rear was low.
    [​IMG]

finished it up with the trusses and the rest of the wood. Those tresses were hard to get off. they are all bundled!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Also I think my toolbox has to go. too much stuff getting under it.. i hope its not rusting.. guess i will use some hockey pucks next time and longer bolts. There was a quilt behind the seat for the winter time and when I pulled it out in the spring it was full of mouse fluff. I never did find any inside the truck until today. It was shoved between the tool box and the bed of the truck. they had quite a nest going on in there but they were all gone...

17. fupabox

fupabox Active Member

Your nuts are hidden under your wood:eek::D (last pic. :p )

18. Stuff99

lol with the tailgate down it looks perfect. might have to mount them higher. I made them long and loose so they could swing :D :D :D

19. Stuff99

pulled out the "summer" tires today. need to find someone to clean them. they got bad over winter >.<

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

20. rpm

rpm Member

Couple quick things. First, I love your truck! I would kill to have a diesel.

Second, I'd put a roll-on bedliner in to stop any rusting issues and toughen the bed. They are cheap, easy and worth their weight in gold.

Finally, you've been doing a lot of jumping around on your oil. Make sure any oil you use is "C" rated and designed for compression ignition engines. You can't use oil designed for spark ignition.