1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Toyota LiteAce

Discussion in 'General Truck Info' started by Stuff99, Apr 30, 2009.

1. Stuff99

Stuff99 Moderator Staff Member

Toyota LiteAce - Stereo installed and Body work "Finished"

Well finally did it. My father and I got a Toyota LiteAce!!

2.0L diesel, 5speed (column shift to!), High and Low range, Possibly has A/C (have to look into what the temp lever with the blue stripe is for), 4x4, 8 foot box, extra rims, and just pure awesomeness!!

Took Dad's Subaru to get the stupid reflectors and headlights changed out.. silly SGI being a pain. someone probably complained and so all the trucks had to get the reflectors put in, etc. So we got it into the back of the F-350 and got it up there! Didnt really intend on returning with another truck, but could not pass that up!!

now pictures!!
    Truck with the Subaru
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And the Lite-Ace! more to come of course!!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 15, 2009
  2. Acerguy

Acerguy Moderator Staff Member

Very cool! :D

3. greg0187

greg0187 Moderator Staff Member

Very nice! Is that considered a jumbo cab or is the little cab extention just standard.

4. greg0187

greg0187 Moderator Staff Member

I wanna see a pic of the Subie in the back of the LiteAce.

5. Schick

Schick Member

Others on this forum may not know that "SGI" refers to our provinces auto insurance company.

I wonder what you are referring to when you mentioned the refelctors and headlights. What issue did you have with these?

Last edited: May 1, 2009
  6. teeshka

teeshka Member

lights,etc

what he means is that the factory headlights must be changed to DOT lights, reflectors had to be put on the doors and side marker lights had to be put on near the back. Required by SGI but missed the first time by the inspection station. They also had to confirm that all the glass windows have DOT on them.

7. wainair

wainair Member

The Lite Ace looks great! Is that a Kei or is that a Diesel? Real neat looking truck.

8. Stuff99

it is a Diesel!! when i got into town with it last night and went to fill up a guy saw me put the diesel nozzle in the truck and came running over "THOSE AREN'T DIESEL!!!" lol. after i told him it was i ended up showing him the truck inside and out!!

forgot my camera, i should have took it with me to work and took a bunch of pictures today. guess i do that tomorrow!

9. MiniBrutes

MiniBrutes Member

Those are AWESOME little trucks. 1 ton!!! yes, this truck is a full 1 Ton (Tonne, 1000KG, 2200Lbs) payload capable unit.

Greg, That extended cab is the normal version. Not a Jumbo. Thats how they come.

These are not K-Class vehicles, however are still smaller than most 1/4 trucks.

This is a great truck for guys who like the k-class but want better fuel economy and speed on the highway. The 2L engine generally lasts forever if taken care of.

10. Windmill

Windmill Member

I would love to have one of those. Let us know what kind of mileage you get.

11. MiniBrutes

MiniBrutes Member

windmill - I dont know how these would work importing into the USA. I bet it would be another PITA with EPA and the other stuff.

Lucky us Canucks can use it on the road at the 15yr old mark.

Like with Schick's Mazda titan. (1.5 tonne) 1 customer here claims 37mpg out of one of those Titan's although I cant confirm myself how accurate that is. I have heard the 40+MPG range is common on the Lite ace/Town Ace but again I cannot confirm.

12. Harvy50

Harvy50 New Member

That is a very nice truck!!
    Are parts hard to get for these trucks?

13. MiniBrutes

MiniBrutes Member

Not much worse than MiniTruck parts.

We are starting to stock a few of the maintenance items for these and some of the larger units. Everything is available from Japan. There arent quite as many around, but there are enough that parts should be easier to get as time goes by.

The engine in this truck was in many Toyota vehicles worldwide from around 84 to about 2000. (2C engine)

14. Stuff99

ya im gonna have to order some filters etc from ya sometime for this beast :p

and yes, i successfully PASSED someone on the highway with it! foot to floor, it maxes at 120 km/hr. i just happened to have it flat out when i passed someone to :p

and wow it is AMAZING how many people do a double take and so forth even though there is a few mini's running around town. think its cause it bigger. but the subaru has more cab room, but you sit lower in the subaru. (like your butt is lower then your knees, well atleast for me, im 6'6")

also im gone to chicago for a week. sadly not in a mini truck or van, good old fashioned 03 dodge caravan. lol i need the cargo and the power lol.

15. Stuff99

hey, can anyone tell me what these say? it is in the visor on my toyota.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

16. Stuff99

hehe, caught this today as i was leaving work. yay for cell phone cameras!

[​IMG]

17. Stuff99

thought i would throw a couple size comparisons up here. you dont realize the difference until your beside a kei truck!!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

18. Stuff99

Got the exhaust fixed today. leaky flex part and resonator. got the flex piece replaced and got rid of the resonator. While it was on the ramp, i got some underbody shots.

Looking at the back of the cab on the RH side, and yes that is my battery under the cab part, I dread the day I have to replace that!
    [​IMG]

Under from front
    [​IMG]

LH side, looking at exhaust. note the dark areas, that is where it was leaking.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

19. teeshka

teeshka Member

Battery on Liteace

Actually the battery is not that bad to get at. Just behind the drivers seat is a flap on the rubber, under that a wingnut to open the access door to the battery.

20. Stuff99

ah cool. havent opened it up yet. need to take the jack and tools out to get to that and just havent had the spare time. either working, home, or showing it off to everyone lol.

i think its a hit here, everyone keeps asking where i got it and i keep telling them from you. still havent seen the AC power truck you spoke of.

21. Stuff99

Got the shiny rims on it for the car show this weekend. if anyone is in the Estevan, Sk area there will be a show at T&T rods!!

I got 205/65 R15's on there. i got 2 new ones coming to replace the 2 oddballs on there. Tires fit okay, just can't turn as sharp as I am used to!!
    [​IMG]

22. tob

tob Member

Hey man, I know you are a happy camper. Nice trucks and keep on Trucking ha ha

23. Travis91

Travis91 New Member

so is the liteace not a kei?

24. Stuff99

it is but it isn't.. its kei like but not kei class. from my experience it is about 2 feet wider, 4 feet longer, and has a bigger engine in it. now bigger isn't always better. sure i got a 2L diesel in there but im geared low so i still do 120km/hr max and still takes me a bit to get up to 100km/hr to.

also easy size comparison. kei trucks have a 4' wide by 6' long box right? mine is 6' wide by 8' long. so its like a big kei truck lol

25. Travis91

Travis91 New Member

could i get a liteace street legal when a kei isnt able to be

26. starpuss

starpuss Member

is there a dealer in canada that sells the liteace?

27. Stuff99

I got mine from keesha in assinaboia. it was a one time thing. minibrutes told me the guy in prince albert got a load of them in once.

debating on selling this guy and going for bigger! lol.

28. Travis91

Travis91 New Member

what you mean bigger lol like a isuzu npr lol

29. Stuff99

it isn't as big as the Isuzu or mazda 3 tons etc... its more of just a large kei truck. would be equivalent to a 3/4 ton or a 1 ton truck here.

30. Stuff99

I got some new tires today! "Arctic Claw" is the brand. Got them from Kal-Tire. 195/75R14's. I now have a MUCH better and smoother ride!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And by the end of today lol
    [​IMG]