1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Torque on Rear CV Axle Nut?

Discussion in 'Honda Acty' started by Northern Tire and Auto, Nov 6, 2008.

1. Does anyone know the torque on the rear CV axle shaft nuts? I had my rear brakes drums off and need to set it back to proper spec. Thanks.

2. OldMachinist

OldMachinist Moderator Staff Member

My manual says 18.5 kg-m. Conversion is 1 kg-m = 7.23301 ft pounds. So 133.8 ft pounds.

3. Thank you kindly sir for the info. :) I had torqued to 180 on a guess.

4. drempel

drempel New Member

FWIW, my 1982 manual has 200 N-m/159 lb-ft, so you were in the ballpark.

5. OldMachinist

I guess I should have said my manual is for the 89-97 models. .

6. Mines a '92 so 133 it is. Thanks guys.

7. drempel

drempel New Member

Didn't mean to contradict you; just wasn't sure what year Northern Auto's Acty was. BTW, is your manual the James Danko one? I dug through it and the only rear torque spec I could find was for the castle nut on the axle (p. 180). I'm still getting used to the way he has his manual organized, so I probably missed the one you're seeing.

8. OldMachinist

You are correct the torque value I gave was for the front spindle nut on page 147. Sorry about that it was late at night. So 20 kg-m for the rear is 144 ft pounds.

9. drempel

drempel New Member

Better safe than sorry with things like drivelines and brakes. Interesting that my 1982 Honda manual (an actual Honda publication) has the conversion wrong: that's where I got the 200 N-m/159 lb-ft from.