1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Topper For rear bed area

Discussion in 'General Truck Info' started by masspilot2004, Sep 19, 2010.

1. masspilot2004

masspilot2004 Member

yes the pvc was strong enough I just made a mistake and put a t joint in that area and should have left it one single piece but it will be very strong and hold up to driving . I drove mine down the road and about 40mph and it stayed in place my number is on here give me a shout if you have any questions

2. Coast Steve

Coast Steve Member

I was going to do it till I decided to sell the truck.

I think I will use an aluminum frame on this or my next truck.

3. TRAX and HORNS

TRAX and HORNS Well-Known Member

Steve,
    Whats the price for the cover?

4. masspilot2004

masspilot2004 Member

each one is different due to the needs of the customer. one just like mine runs approx. $700.00 they are made of top gun marine grade material so there is no dry rott. If you are interested pls let me know. I have had mine on now for some time and have had no problems at all even with the first production one that i use the pvc on.

5. Coast Steve

Coast Steve Member

I don't remember the canvas price now sorry, but don't forget mine is also much bigger than a minis so it should cost at least 1/3 or 1/2 as much again.

6. masspilot2004

masspilot2004 Member

topper

Are you saying that your top would cost half as much less. I would think that your top being bigger would need more material there for costing more. I understand everyone wants to save money. But I have to purchase the products and then have them manufactured. This does requier some expense I am already selling these tops at a very fair price. I have spoken with local trim shops and marine top manufacturing facilities and a there price for the same type of top was $1600.00 for the top. I am willing too work with everyone on the prices. Well hope to hear from you all if you have questions feel free to call me at 1-502-640-1225 ask for steve i am located in the us

7. wreck

wreck Member

I'd be interested in a tonneau type setup for mine. Canvas, A couple cross bows, and rope around the edge like a boat cover has to grab the factory hooks on the bed sides.

8. Coast Steve

Coast Steve Member

No Mine is bigger so will be more is what I mean

9. masspilot2004

masspilot2004 Member

just let me know what you want we can make it happen

10. rwb31

rwb31 Member

Steve please contact me when you get a chance. I want one made but it has to be even with the roof of my cab. I want olive drab color and maybe canvas? I want the pinzgauer look so hit me up when you get a minute and i would like to go with the stronger frame. Wait to hear back from you rob

11. masspilot2004

masspilot2004 Member

Hey

Hey sorry I have not replied I have be busy with military obligations I would need all the dimensions you are wanting to make it. and then I can figure out a price for you. You can call me at 502-640-1225

12. firejonny89

firejonny89 Member

What ever happened to these?

13. masspilot2004

masspilot2004 Member

NO ONE showed a real interest i was going to make them at a decent cost and people still said it was to much so I stopped if there is more of an interest i will start making them again mine works like a charm keeps things nice and dry. Let me know

14. Lazorswardz

Lazorswardz New Member

15. J Bike Mike

J Bike Mike New Member

There is one for a Hijet near me for sale at a second hand parts shop for about $300. really good deal, but it's too short for my needs. I'm looking for a tall top cover about 2 feet higher to transport my bikes. Here's the link if anyone is interested. It's in Japan, but I know they ship internationally, not even a clue what that would cost though. https://www.upgarage.com/service/en/stock/detail/189/2001189000100

16. Lazorswardz

Lazorswardz New Member

This looks like what you are looking for:

J Bike Mike likes this.
  17. CFP

CFP New Member

18. J Bike Mike

J Bike Mike New Member

More like this, but about 1.5 feet shorter.
    20200617_140428.jpg

19. Ohkei Dohkei

Ohkei Dohkei Active Member

That is some serious non-aerodynamic stuff right there!