1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

too slow for the QE II

Discussion in 'Mini Lounge' started by confuzed, Apr 6, 2010.

1. confuzed

confuzed Member

Not sure where to post this so I put it here. Has anyone one else run into one of our new rookie sheriffs? I was told to get off the QE II last wednesday night by one because he clocked me ( supposedly ) at 74 kmh my speedo said 85 and i have checked the odometer since putting on the bigger tires it is fairly close to accurate .2k out on a twenty k run.Any way i was pulled over his first question was can this thing maintain higway speeds.... and is it even insured and registered.I being from Vancouver origanlly I know you must be able to maintain 60 kh to go on the 401 but that is a freeway this is a highway,so I asked if i must be able to do 60 kh or 110 kh he said it is a long weekend and I would be run over as he had not seen me and almost ran me over...... wth? .... was he not watching the road? Escourted me to the next exit(about 1/2 k down the highway. He said if i was to drive on the QEII I must drive with my fourways on.Oh by the time he stopped me i was moving over 90 kph just took time as it was an uphill grade.HMMMMMMM looking back 20 something cop, new car, new gun ,new police service flexing muscles?Told wife I,m going to drive to Calgary on the QE II 1.5 hour trip and do the whole thing with flashers going see what RCMP say about that lol.OH and the worst part is any farmer can move his farm eqipment down it and not be hassled.

2. Stuff99

Stuff99 Moderator Staff Member

id call the department and ask to speak to the chief. raise a complaint about the officer and ask what he was thinking. dont say rookie or youngin etc.

3. rwood

rwood New Member

Wow ....Braver than Me !!!!!

As one who has logged his fair share of mileage on highway 2, although none in my mini, I salute and respect your bravery in venturing onto this road in your truck. It must be absolutely staggering the speed at which some of the vehicles pass, regardless of what speed you can achieve.

Good luck with the trip to YYC...I will be watching for you.

cheers,
    rwood

PS: I am not a Cop ;>)

4. confuzed

confuzed Member

I do use it to come home from Red Deer as a rule but only to Innisfail, my Calgary trips are usually on hwy 21 to #1 and in calmer people lol. It is not the peeders that scare me on QE II it it those damn looky loos at 110 k's,watching me not the road lol. As for the rookie young comment it was just that i find sometimes the young ones do like to flex thier muscles and quote thier own version of the laws.... an example I was told by a Vancouver city cop that because at the time I was moving back and forth between Alberts an B.C. my car was registered in B.C. and I held an Alberta drivers license I should get a second B.C license. HIGHLY ILLEGAL to hold two drivers licenses, first question asked when applying for a license ... do you have a valid or suspended license in any other province.If answer is yes sorrrryyyy no license. The cop actually argud with me lol