1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

tok tok

Discussion in 'General Truck Info' started by axle, May 10, 2012.

1. axle

axle Member

iam having a toktoktok sound coming from my front end right side especially when passing unpaved roads, i am wondering what it is?
    inputs greatly appreciated.

thanks.
    mini

2. fupabox

fupabox Well-Known Member

does it come with evry revolution of the wheels or as you hit a bump...if it's from bumps it's most likely a lower ball joint..if it's as the wheel turns it's a cv joint

3. lwr2

lwr2 Member

What Fupa said!

4. axle

axle Member

when it hit a small bumps sound are toktoktok and when i steer sound is louder. but when running on asphalt or cemented roads no toktkotok,

5. fupabox

fupabox Well-Known Member

while standing sill move the steering gently left and right...if you hear any clunks or feel looseness it may be the tie rod ends,if not it is likely the lower ball joints...it is also possible a strut mount is loose or any other component in the front end...jack up the front end and grab a wheel hands at 3 and 9 o'clock and push/pull the wheel back and forth ..if you feel the looseness its tie rods...do the same with a hand at the top (12 o'clock) and bottom (6 o'clock) if you feel the looseness it's the ball joint

6. axle

axle Member

ok fupa, ill do that, will keep you posted, thanks alot