1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

To my fellow on-roaders

Discussion in 'General Truck Info' started by 2017 Suzuki Super Stalker, Jul 15, 2019.

1. Since I drive on the road daily I thought it would be a good idea to add a 3rd brake light on my Suzuki. I found an OLS 16" LED ID Bar with Turn/Brake on Amazon sold by Online LED Store. Mounted it to the top of my rear rack. Bought a roll of 4 wire trailer wire and used my Spliseal wire splicing kit to complete the job. There is nothing better out there for splicing wires.

Attached Files:

2. matt167

matt167 Active Member

no offense, it's cool. But it just encapsulates a butt connector in a plastic encapsulation. I can whip up a solder and shrink connection which will be just as good for a little of nothing. Solder shrink tubing is also some nifty stuff. The key is having quality components. Cheap shrink tubing or connectors won't shrink correctly and using a torch to shrink the tubing is actually a nono

3. Ohkei Dohkei

Ohkei Dohkei Active Member

That is pretty cool and nice job on that light. I've been using those low temp solder heat shrink connectors lately. I just did several on my boat, it will be interesting to see how long they last.