1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Suzuki Carry, Plate and register it in Indiana

Discussion in 'Suzuki Carry' started by Zac, Nov 28, 2017.

1. Zac

Zac New Member

i bought a 1992 Suzuki Carry was told it never had a title. I am wanting to plate it and register it in Indiana. Bmv was not very helpful anyone know where the vin is located all I found on fender was the dd51t-125165.

2. matt167

matt167 Active Member

That is the vin. Also a plate behind the seat on the driver side

3. Zac

Zac New Member

They are telling me that is not a vin, I have to file for a Mvin where they create me a vin number. To make it where I can get a title.

4. matt167

matt167 Active Member

Well it's not what they are used to but it's the vin.. do you have export certificate? That is the equivalent of the title.

5. Zac

Zac New Member

No I don’t have the export certificate. I’m the 3rd owner and the person I bought it from didn’t have any paperwork on it. He just used it as a farm truck.

6. matt167

matt167 Active Member

That is where it gets sticky.. If you are the third owner, then your 1992 has a 100% probability that it was brought into the USA before it was 25 years old, and brought in as a farm vehicle or ATV. Technically, it is not legal to put on the road even though it is now over 25.. It's going to be tricky to get it through without paperwork... I would file with Vermont since they allow that. Have a LEO verify the chassis numbers and send in a VT-119 IIRC. It's one of the standard vermont forms they use. You can almost use VT as a mail order title service. Once you have that, then you should be clear for a title in your state

7. KCCats

KCCats Active Member

That's very interesting! Do you have the exact document numbers needed?

8. matt167

matt167 Active Member

9. KCCats

KCCats Active Member

Great!

10. Lewis woodward

Lewis woodward New Member

Indiana BMV will not take a export certificate if you don't all ready have a title from someone or some other state you need a court order to get the title go to Indiana BMV web site

11. matt167

matt167 Active Member

I took a quick look and found something for military and they require a lot more forms than other states but it would be much the same... Vermont can mail order you a registration/ title to cut down on the hoops.

12. Lewis woodward

Lewis woodward New Member

Thanks, But I got my court order from the judge yesterday and sent my court order package and my mini truck package along with taxes and title fees to the Indiana BMV Yesterday. Lets all hope that I have jumped thur all the hoops and will get a title so I can get Truck Plates

13. THOMAS LARA

THOMAS LARA New Member

I HAVE ALL MY PAPER WORK ON THE TRUCK I BOUGHT ON E BAY FROM substarinc.com BTW STAY CLEAR OF THEM ..THEY TOLD ME THE TRUCK WAS IN EXCELLENT CONDITION AND IT WAS FAR FROM IT ...WARNING ..WARNING WARNING ..WILL ROBINSON..ANYWAY I'M HAVING TROUBLE GETTING MY TITLE..CAUSE THEY SAID THE IMPORT CERTIFICATE HAD TO BE TRANSLATED I DID THAT WE'LL SEE WHATS NEXT ..OH THEY WANTED PICTURES OF THE VEHICLE WHICH I SENT PRIOR TO THAT..I WAS WONDERING IF ANYBODY FROM WI WHO HAS THEIR TRUCK GET TITLED..PEACE

14. matt167

matt167 Active Member

Ouch, sorry to hear about your experiences. Sadly Substar is known to provide sub quality vehicles and bait/ switch tactics

15. milmor88

milmor88 Member

16. matt167

matt167 Active Member

Find the going rate of one, and put that, then just make your sale price slightly higher than that. It's 6% sales tax