1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tires

Discussion in 'General Truck Info' started by canadian1, Dec 15, 2008.

1. canadian1

canadian1 Member

will a 155-80-r12 tire fit a stock suzuki wheel?

thanks

2. kiowacampers

kiowacampers Member

Hi, I have a 2001 Suzuki with 155/80r12 steel belted radials...They work great in snow , sand and on dirt roads.. They say Sonar S-780 155 80 r12 77T..

3. canadian1

canadian1 Member

thank you
    how much does it throw off the speedometer?

4. kiowacampers

kiowacampers Member

Hummm...I didn't know that..So if you put on 23 inch tires,what would that change on the speedometer....Right now my height is about 22 inches tall....

5. cmaranto

cmaranto Member

155/80R12 tires

I'm bad......thought I read 155/80 R13

155/80 R12 is as follows

Speedo: 100
    Actual: 97.1

Speedo 2.98% slow

Sorry for the confusion

6. larryn2o

larryn2o Member

7. kiowacampers

kiowacampers Member

Thanks for the site

8. getinold

getinold New Member

just wondering if there would be any interest in these tires if i am able to import them. they would be a tire identical to the ones in the link except the brand may not be kelly. as i understand it one mfg makes the tire and labels it under many names. they are a bias ply tire and most likely be 13" as you see in the link. it may be possible to get them in 12" but not sure about that yet. on the suzuki trucks it would require a lift of aprox 2"-3" on the older style trucks. not sure what the cost will be yet and i probably wouldnt have them before late march.

http://www.goodyear.com.ph/Kelly-Eco-Trac.html
    some
    http://minitruckus.com/inventory.html truck #14 has a good view of them installed

9. cmaranto

cmaranto Member

Importing Tires

For importing into the States, its a can of worms....(DOT approval and all that). The Govt can make you wish you were never born....

10. getinold

getinold New Member

if they are sold for off road use do you think the dot will get involved?