1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tires

Discussion in 'Mitsubishi Minicab' started by michael a, Aug 17, 2007.

1. michael a

michael a Member

Can anyone tell me if i can get the carlisle alltrail tires to fit the stock wheels, and if i can will the work without a lift kit Thanks michael a

2. garrett490

garrett490 Member

I just put Carlisle All Trails on my suzuki carry (1998). Stock rims and no lift. 23x8x12

3. xroadsimport

xroadsimport Member

Yes they will go on. They will bulge instead of be the shape they are suposed to be. If you put them on without a lift they will rub when you turn and hit a bump. They will most likely rub without hitting a bump as well.

4. michael a

michael a Member

Thanks guys for the input cant decide what i want to do

5. xroadsimport

xroadsimport Member

6. michael a

michael a Member

Thanks cory with your 2 inch lift can you keep the stock shocks under it? saw a truck a few days ago with a 3 inch lift not the add a leaf like yours and they had to take the shocks off the back.Thanks michael

7. abcminitrucks

abcminitrucks Member

Cory,

Your list shows a 2002 Minicab would take a 4/115 lug pattern. I have to order a set of wheels for a customer, but my supplier says it will use a 4/100 lug pattern. I know there is some point in the year models that the lug pattern changed. Can you help me clarify?

I would just go measure it, but the customer has the truck and I don't have a newer model Minicab on my lot.

Thanks

8. Super Mini Trucks

Super Mini Trucks New Member

9. xroadsimport

xroadsimport Member

Michael,

That is not easy to answer. In most cases you can use the stock shocks in the back. Some trucks that is not the case. We don't sell the shocks with the lifts because we don't want to add cost for those that don't need it. We do offer them though. The new shocks are better than the stock shocks if you want to add them anyway.

ABC,

That is a typo. I will go change it. The 2002 MiniCab will take a 4/100 bolt pattern. We have them in stock but they go fast. They are not as easy to find as the others.

All trucks from 1999 to 2003 use the 4/100 bolt pattern.

10. michael a

michael a Member

Thanks cory When i get ready for a lift i will be contacting you. Yours cost a little more but i like them better than some others i've seen,also i like the adjustable camber for the front.Thanks michael

11. Super Mini Trucks

100 MM Bolt Pattern

Hey Guys,
    Yes this is true it takes the 100 mm pattern on all trucks post 1999
    It also applies to some Suzuki & Mazda post 1994
    It also applies to Honda & Subaru
    But they are several other considerations besides the bolt pattern

What most don't know is what models & or makers that they will not work on indicated above. There are some and soon to be all 2003 & above they will not work on period.
    I learned this the hard way & we have since ordered special wheels cast for these applications. Just like the 100's that became available over a year back we were the first to have them cast. Be careful buy the right one's.

12. abcminitrucks

abcminitrucks Member

OK, I ordered 4/100 and they do not fit. This is a 2002 MninCab. I have to assume it is a 4/115 lug pattern, but how so I know for sure? What about offset...what are you guys using?

Thanks

13. Super Mini Trucks

Post 2001 Model Trucks.

Thank you for bringing this up.
    This is our 3rd notice in last 10 days. It appears now to be in all makers because of brake assembly. Is it that the bolt pattern is wrong or is it the brake caliper assembly in the way?
    We have taken steps to get wheels cast for the brake issue but if bolt pattern is different, it is the first we heard.If Mitsubishi may be using both. And this won't surprise me If anything ever becomes consitant with the trucks then I will be impressed. This is why Year. Model & VIN # is asked for in most parts orders. Not that would of helped in this case, I would of sent you the Mini 100's.
    It is a common practice in Japan to utilize parts till they are gone thus we see 2 different bolt patterns on 1994 & above Suzuki's. Please give it a measure & let me know. I have had a 2002 Mit. & we installed The Mini 100's with no problems
    Regards, Mike

14. conelydt

conelydt New Member

I've got a 1992 model so I'm told, never really looked at vin or model numbers to verify. Here's what I ended up doing on wheels and tires.

First off, the truck has a 3" lift installed and I bought it with stock wheels and 25 X 8 X 12 ATV tires on it. The ITP tires have major blisters coming up from leaks and tread separation between the plys. They are junk far as I'm concerned.

Anyway, found that the bolt pattern is 4/115 and the lugs are 12mm X 1.5 thread.

Bought Douglas Rockstar wheels off of eBay. they have a 1.75 X 5.25 offset. You can get these delivered for about $47 a piece with caps (Oregon Tire). Lugs are extra, but you can find those for less than $15 a set several places.

The tires are Maxims, which happen to be Artic Cat take offs. You get these cheap if you watch for them on ebay. Artic Cat wheels might also fit if the offset is OK? I wanted the wider stance so went with the rockstar wheels.

As for stock wheels, You can mount 8" tires on them OK, but the 10" tires ended up being too high because of the narrow wheel. They did air up and hold on the rim though.

15. N7MOG

N7MOG Member

Old Datsun B210 wheels are 4x100 in a 13" tire.
    Works well and not sky high in price.