1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tires need help

Discussion in 'Suzuki Carry' started by Moisha07, Apr 1, 2018.

1. Moisha07

Moisha07 New Member

I am a new owner of a 1996 Suzuki Carry
    I currently have a set of ATV tires that are 25x8x12 &25x10x12. Does anyone know if these tires and rims would work with out lift?

2. Cole

Cole Member

Unlikely. I know you can use 25x8x12 with a 2 inch lift using stock rims. If you are using aftermarket rims the offset is also important. Too much or too little could cause rubbing issues.

3. Moisha07

Moisha07 New Member

I am looking for info on the rims, will use the track hunting and on the farm.What rims would you use,
    what offset i need to work with 25x8x12?

4. Moisha07

Moisha07 New Member

The bolt pattern 4x100

5. Cole

Cole Member

I am using stock rims with 25x8x12" UTV tires. I have a 2.5" lift. I believe with out a lift I have heard of guys using 23" and if you are wanting to get rims I think a 4+3 offset is what guys use. There are a lot of threads here that cover tires and rims. 4x100 and 4x110 are used by both Honda and Yamaha on some of their quads.

6. KCCats

KCCats Active Member

That is exactly what I have on mine in my Avatar!

7. Moisha07

Moisha07 New Member

I found the rims . ITP delta wheels 12X7, offset: 2+5 and bolt patter 4/4,
    Please let me know if they going to work with Carlisle All Trail 23X8.00-12 B/4PR .
    I have a hard time to find 4+3 offset

Thanks

8. Cole

Cole Member

Well I really wouldn't be about to say. If the bolt pattern is the same then you are good there. From what I hear 23" can fit stock trucks. The only thing would be the 5+2. That may push the tire too far into the strut. If that is the case you can always add spacers.

9. Moisha07

Moisha07 New Member

Do you think i can use stock rims 12x4 on
    Carlisle All Trail 23X8.00-12 B/4PR
    Thanks for the help.

10. Cole

Cole Member

I don't see why not. I am running 25"x8x12 on stock rims. They are snug on the rim but definitely possible.

11. KCCats

KCCats Active Member

Yeah me too!
    Im running a 14" rim with snow right now!
    And my summer tires are off my Geo!

12. KCCats

KCCats Active Member

These are 165 70 R 14s

Attached Files:

13. Truckeee

Truckeee New Member

The ITP ATV tires have an aggressive tread design. I've seen a lot of good reviews about it.

14. harley rose

harley rose Member

Wow Cole, That's a big tire on a VERY skinny wheel...
    OP & others after:
    I have a 95, 4 on 100, new 250# springs AND MAXIMUM body trimming. I run 23 x 8 x 12 on a 7" wheel with 4 1/2" backspacing. I can still get body contact in reverse at full cock. The tire will touch at the smooth bend of the inside of the wheel well about where your ankle is.