1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tires for my son's MiniCab AgKart

Discussion in 'Mitsubishi Minicab' started by Joe Prestridge, Jan 12, 2017.

1. Joe Prestridge

Joe Prestridge New Member

This one's been in my family for somewhere in the 5-10 year range. Would prefer to upgrade tires without changing wheels. What are my options?

Also have read that the Chevrolet Geo Metro 13's will bolt on and offer more tire options. Can anyone talk me through this? Would love to learn from someone's experience.

2. Acerguy

Acerguy Moderator Staff Member

Could use a little more info. What wheel size or lug bolt pattern do you have? If you have 12" wheels, check out ag tires if it's only used offroad. I have put 23x8.5-12 "tractor" tires on the stock rims on my truck.

3. Joe Prestridge

Joe Prestridge New Member

Thanks for your response Keith. It does have the stock 12' wheels with the small tractor tires. Looking for an alternative that will handle pavement with a little less noise, but still provide some off road traction.

4. Acerguy

Yeah, unfortunately here in North America decent "off road" truck/snow tires in appropriate sizes are tough to find. I know we have some members in the Philippines that seem to be able to get them. It's been a long time since I looked but now that side by sides are so much more popular, maybe there are some new things available.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2017
  5. Brandon Clifton

Brandon Clifton New Member

I was just researching the same thing and ran across these from Cheng Shen. They were created for the RZR990- a heavier SXS with DOT use.

http://www.csttires.com/us/atv/sxs/lobo-ch01/

I have a call out to my local motorcycle shop for a quote. I'll post that up once I receive it.

6. Acerguy

Interesting!

7. Brandon Clifton

Just got a quote back (distributor is Tucker-Rocky, the dealer I called is MSP Cycles in Decatur, GA).
    27x10r12 are 145.00 each
    27x10r14 are 150.00 each

8. Brandon Clifton

Here's another one. Not DOT rated but designed for heavy SXS rigs and come in 12" rim diameter. Looks like $70/ea from Discount Tire
    Journey P350 Tires